Author Topic: Air Mattress Surfing Video  (Read 4449 times)

greatdane

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Paddle Surf Northwest
    • Email
Air Mattress Surfing Video
« on: May 27, 2015, 12:35:14 PM »
Also known as the iSUP. I just returned from Oahu where I rode Chuns Reef, Flat Island, and some of the town spots on my 9'3" Uli iSUP.  Also tried out our new Kialoa Insanity 3-piece travel paddle.  Not a bad little combo considering it all packs in a duffle bag for the flight.
Short little GoPro vid of my mediocre wave skills around Waikiki in waist to shoulder high, for those that have asked about surfing an iSUP…

Kialoa Paddles
Fibre Glas Fin Co
OnIt! Pro
Monster And Sea Clothing

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Air Mattress Surfing Video
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 02:54:42 PM »
From the title in the subject line I was expecting more something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e6-djfp3BM

greatdane

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Paddle Surf Northwest
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 04:04:39 PM »
Holy smokes.  I had to look up their website because I was sure that was a jet driven board of some kind. Nope. Just an air mattress. Crazy.
Kialoa Paddles
Fibre Glas Fin Co
OnIt! Pro
Monster And Sea Clothing

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 06:03:19 PM »
Also known as the iSUP. I just returned from Oahu where I rode Chuns Reef, Flat Island, and some of the town spots on my 9'3" Uli iSUP.  Also tried out our new Kialoa Insanity 3-piece travel paddle. 
Nice little video.
How do you like the paddle?

greatdane

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Paddle Surf Northwest
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 07:48:58 PM »
Also known as the iSUP. I just returned from Oahu where I rode Chuns Reef, Flat Island, and some of the town spots on my 9'3" Uli iSUP.  Also tried out our new Kialoa Insanity 3-piece travel paddle. 
Nice little video.
How do you like the paddle?
The paddle is great, other than a bit heavier than my Hulu's, I would never know its an adjustable 3-piece. Good hold, comfortable grip and very solid and simple clamp mechanisms.  And the thermo plastic blade means I didn't worry about whacking it on the reefs, got a couple of gouges that I can just sand out.
Kialoa Paddles
Fibre Glas Fin Co
OnIt! Pro
Monster And Sea Clothing

GingerRawrrgers

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 10:30:17 PM »

great vid! Dumb question maybe, but how did you attach the go pro to an inflatable?
~*Ginger*~

Rail_Banger

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 12:04:32 AM »
I saw you out at Canoes. and I think Pops?  Looked like you were having fun.  Town is still holding with more waves in the forecast. ;D

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 04:51:20 AM »
Good one.  I expected more of a trampoline effect during your foot changes or the camera tilt switching from feet to sky as you trimmed.  iSUP Surf or some hybrid may be the next big deal considering travel limitations with hard boards.  You should have a pump sponsor.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

greatdane

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Paddle Surf Northwest
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 08:21:10 AM »

great vid! Dumb question maybe, but how did you attach the go pro to an inflatable?

Not a dumb question. I actually simply used the GoPro board mount. The adhesive white round mount thats about 3" in diameter. I heated the adhesive strip up a bit with a heat gun, and cleaned the board surface with alcohol.  I wasn't sure how well it would stay on during deflation and getting rolled-up, but it appears to still be on as securely as a rigid board.
Kialoa Paddles
Fibre Glas Fin Co
OnIt! Pro
Monster And Sea Clothing

greatdane

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Paddle Surf Northwest
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 08:24:01 AM »
Good one.  I expected more of a trampoline effect during your foot changes or the camera tilt switching from feet to sky as you trimmed.  iSUP Surf or some hybrid may be the next big deal considering travel limitations with hard boards.  You should have a pump sponsor.

Jim
Jim, I thought the same. The board vibrates so much that I figured the video would be impossible to watch, but its not too bad.  Were you out Sunday morning when there was zero parking from the half-marathon? (-:  I was at canoes around 7:30 after trying Queens, and Two or Threes… not sure which one is which. Got bigger the next day I hear.
Kialoa Paddles
Fibre Glas Fin Co
OnIt! Pro
Monster And Sea Clothing

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal