Author Topic: railsaver pro vs Puka patch railsaver  (Read 3708 times)

JMarkel9

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
railsaver pro vs Puka patch railsaver
« on: May 24, 2015, 12:27:12 PM »
Just a few questions about the two brands of rail tape.

Just wondering you guys have a preference between Railsaver pro (rspro.org) and Puka patch rail saver? 

For railsaver pro (rspro.org) since the surface isn’t smooth (lots of little dimples) is there any issues with it marking up/scratching your paddle or scrapping your skin while trying to climb back on after a fall?

Lastly… the regular sized RSPro seems like it’ll fit perfect on my wife’s all-around board… I have a new 12’6” race board… should I go with standard size or Jumbo size?

Thank you!

supcymru

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: railsaver pro vs Puka patch railsaver
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 01:36:15 PM »
Hi!
I've used RSPro three times on various boards. With regards to the texture of the rail tape I've never had any issues with the paddle or it scraping my skin (for 99% of my paddling I have to wear a wetsuit so it isn't an issue and I've not noticed any wear on my wetsuit either).

The jumbo is probably the best option for your 12'6".

Each time I apply it I get a little bit more competent with the process. As I live in the UK, the cold weather make the tape quite firm, so the last time I applied it I warmed it up a little with a hairdryer which made it much more playable and easier to use. This also helped when having to lift it to reposition it. One word of caution when lifting it, try to pull a small section at a time and replacing the backing paper each time as to avoid stretching it. I made the mistake of pulling a long section and it stretched a fair bit, both in terms of length and width so looks a bit warped. Also, make sure you position it far enough forward. You may have paddle marks on your boards so they should be good indicators of where to position it.

DJ's videos are very useful indeed, too. Take your time getting the desired positioning by using masking tape then go for it slowly.
Hope this helps!

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 02:19:57 PM »
Railsaver by far the best and for a raceboard the Jumbo is the best
We also offer ZONER discounts on these products
Feel free to PM or email me

have fun
JimK
www.extremewindsurfing.com

jarvissup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 03:27:10 PM »
No contest....Rail Saver Pro, it's a much thicker and more protective. It's so good that you can re-use it on subsequent boards. Puke Patch is thin and will have ding tears, you will not use it again if you try the original Rail Saver Pro.

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 11:40:15 AM »
No contest....Rail Saver Pro, it's a much thicker and more protective. It's so good that you can re-use it on subsequent boards. Puke Patch is thin and will have ding tears, you will not use it again if you try the original Rail Saver Pro.

+1 Jarvisup

We have it here...

http://oar-on.com/product-category/rail-saver-pro
Ralph
Sup-position
(714) 899-3020 call, Text or Message

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal