Author Topic: A few shots of V3  (Read 20626 times)

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: A few shots of V3
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2015, 07:46:55 AM »
My speed plot is shown in the blue background pic above -> it recorded 11.78 miles total.

Was expecting more WSW breeze to fill in after Watts Point -> but no joy.  So ended up paddling at a relaxing chill pace which was nice for a change.  Really had a lot of time to enjoy the majestic scenery plus spot many pink salmon cruising right under the board. 

Was a fun dry ride with no stops -> but needed another 5-10 kts everywhere.  So would rate the run and glides only 4/10 due to lack of consistent wind.  But now in August -> can expect more and more wind vagaries.  This is what you can expect now on this P->S run.

It definitely was a 10/10 compared to staying on shore though.  Once you pass Watts Point you see Mount Garibaldi looming in the background.  :)

Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: A few shots of V3
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2015, 10:37:58 AM »
Eagle, those are incredible wind stats. Here on Lake Ontario in Toronto, I'm hoping to do our first downwinder of the summer in 17mph winds tomorrow. You are one lucky guy.

I can see why you like the Bullets and M14s there. They wouldn't get too much use over here, maybe in January, but then my launch site has been frozen solid Dec-Mar the past 2 years.

Thx Argosi, we are lucky here.  The main reason we like the Bullet and especially the M-14 is because of the stability and nose profiles.  Since we often have to go across waves to get a decent line we find that a surf nose with rocker is very comfy for us traversing sometimes a mile at a time.  Our balance is only fair -> so we like wider boards that spoil us and help us stay upright.

But have seen you in your video and you do a fine job on your narrow Ace DW.  Quick side to side oscillations tire us out but obviously tippy narrow boards are fast as TG and BO prove time and again.

Here is a pic of the Bullet 14V2 and pointy slender M-14 -
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal