Author Topic: Fin system choice  (Read 2790 times)

55NSup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Fin system choice
« on: April 27, 2015, 10:32:17 PM »
What's best fin system for quad short sim type board?
What I have easily available and fins available :
fcs fusion
Futures

Futures are easiest for me to install, but Fcs fusion looks stronger. 

Advice welcome

GRNGO

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fin system choice
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 12:41:55 AM »
For me, it's a simple decision.  I do not buy from China, therefore not supporting FCS. FUTURES are made in Southern California by surfers.

Both install easy.

As far as strength goes; I never had a futures box problem, leak, issue after supping VS many broken, pushed through FCS plugs. Not fusion.

supuk

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 02:40:41 AM »
im not a fan of the plastic the fusion plugs are made from and like said the futures are made in the usa and I have been to the factory and I have never had a problem installing straight in to epoxy and they are very easy to get hold of with hundreds of fin choices. The other one to look at is lokbox as they are adjustable front to back or probox if you have any one that imports them.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 03:40:37 AM »
I like the ProBox system on my Phoenix.  Adjustable cant, will accept fins from FCS and even Futures (with minor mods) and are strong as hell.  Also, super easy to install.  If you're going to run traditional larger Simmons fins you need strong boxes.

55NSup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 03:27:02 AM »
Thanks everyone.
I put pproboxes on my 15-6, but fins are hard to get and mega expensive. Larry and his " distributor " up here have been very helpful. I must be only customer up here.

Futures very common in UK and have lots of choice, L41 uses them,  so they must be OK. I'll go with those.
Any quad  future fin recommendation? 

Appreciate your willingness to support your local producer, just keep that in mind next time you buy anything else....around here people go on and on about buying a Volvo,  and then run out and buy a Samsung TV,  smartphone etc. Not realizing companies like Sony ( I work for them)  have 3000 employees in Sweden.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 06:19:36 AM »
I have Futures boxes on my Corban and in the courtship phase, I used fanatic, a web based fin exchange program to try out all different combinations until I found some fins that I like.  I found more that I liked than not, from quads to single fin.

Finatic is Florida US based, but might ship to Sweden.  By the way, many years back, we used to do the Volvo European deliveries; some of the best family trips for sure.

https://finatic.com/

Henrik F

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 09:44:16 AM »
Hi!
No, you are not the only customer up here in Sweden  :D You already have the installation kit for Proboxes and you already have the perfect fins for a Simmons type board, the keels (TWINS). And I got some Proboxes for you.  :D

Take care

Henrik F
crosswater.se

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal