Author Topic: NSI and RSPro  (Read 6816 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
NSI and RSPro
« on: April 22, 2015, 01:05:53 AM »
Just noticed the ad down at the bottom. Cool that NSI picked up RSPro. Now I'll be able to get it right in Hood River. Big Winds carried it, but only a few boxes and not in color. Maybe now they'll have a full assortment. I love the stuff.

I had to trash one strip the other day. I had to take the tape off to sand the bottom of my 17.5 Bullet V1. I don't like glossy bottoms. When I stripped it off, it came up beautifully, but when I was carrying the tape into the garage to hang it up I tripped on the sander cord and dropped the damned thing on the ground. Naturally it fell face down on a bunch of leaves, twigs, dead bugs and gecko poop. I tried picking the junk off with tweezers, but no go. Fortunately I had a spare box, so I used one strip from that. I don't know what I'm going to do with one piece of RSPro. I'll think of something.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Re: NSI and RSPro
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 03:02:11 AM »
Yessir,  Awesome to see two great companies meet up like this. 

NSI is now the USA/Canadian distributor for RSP.

https://www.northshoreinc.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=208

North Shore Inc.- NSI
Hood River, OR 97031
541 386 1980
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 03:06:35 AM by Admin »

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 04:40:02 AM »
Sup-position is one of NSI's Resellers.

We were one of the first to order from them.
Ralph
Sup-position
(714) 899-3020 call, Text or Message

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 06:04:37 AM »
...I had a spare box, so I used one strip from that. I don't know what I'm going to do with one piece of RSPro. I'll think of something.

It would make a terrific lint roller...

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 06:15:45 AM »
Hey Guys Extreme Windsurfing is a LOOOONG time NSI dealer and are stocking RSPro and offer our ZONER discount on this item too

JimK
www.extremewindsurfing.com

gorgebob

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Gorgeperformance.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 07:03:49 AM »
Thanks for the update Pono. We have been a NSI dealer for a few decades its funny that they didn't reach out with there new offerings. They used to hound us on the phone with the new product sales pitches. Seams they were able to keep the price reasonable on the RSPro too. Zoner discount to make everyone special.
Founder: Gorge Performance Surf  Shop Portland
Fabricator: RNR Engineering

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 08:05:50 AM »
Nice folks too. NSI and PSPro are sending some product out for the CCBC raffles and so I can protect my rails when I do my SUP for the balance challenged events. I'm assuming the folks that come out for them will whack the rails as much or more than I did.

Hey Bill....speaking of which. Are you still coming out for the Charles? I may ask you to grab a package from NSI. You can talk tail handles too. It's NSI was speaking with about manufacturing them.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:10:18 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 08:48:08 AM »
Yup. We've got a house rented in Chatham for the week after for Mom's annual vacation. Pretty cool for a 68 year old guy to get to take his Mom for a beach vacation.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Muskoka SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 05:48:25 AM »
Back on topic (sorry PB), anyone know if NSI has a Canadian retailer with product that I can order from?  Or do I order direct from NSI and get dinged with effin' duty? 
It ain't over until the fat board sinks....

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 06:08:32 PM »
Very nice goody box came yesterday from the folks at NSI and RSPro. A bunch of RSPro rail savers, a paddle grip, and blade edge saver. NSI cam-it deck attachment system with a large dry bag, some of the rubber deck plates and their whitewater leash. I also got the new tail handle, RSPro and handle got mounted on the Foote tonight. Handle here: http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php/topic,25430.msg282223.html#msg282223

I've heard all the talk about the RSPro so I figured it was pretty good. I know Bill doesn't praise things lightly. Cool looking stuff, I think it actually enhances the look of the board. I put the black and white stripe on the Foote. I was a bit nervous putting it on especially when unlike in DJ's video I started getting some pockets but it was easy to reposition and get them out. It took me longer to clean the rails to get them ready than it did to install the railsaver and I actually got them perfectly symmetrical. I only wish I had done this as soon as I got the board. I already have a bunch of scuffs and a few small nicks on the rails (yes I'm a rail banger) but this covers them up nicely and should keep them protected from here on out
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:10:03 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 04:57:49 PM »
Great job Stony.. Looks good..

I just put this vid together showing how using masking tape can help get it right the first time..

SeaMe

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 05:31:51 PM »

I just put this vid together showing how using masking tape can help get it right the first time..

Time condensed it took 2:00 minutes. How long did it take to apply those in real-time?
“I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.” ― Anaïs Nin
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Fanatic Fly HRS 10'6"
Fanatic Ray HRS BVI 12'0" ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 07:16:47 PM »

Time condensed it took 2:00 minutes. How long did it take to apply those in real-time?

I'm thinking about 20 minutes to half an hour.. Not using the masking tape is quicker but for those not confident the masking tape is slightly slower but a better way to go.. It's hard to see what I did in the vid because drinking that coke sped me up a little.. but once the short pieces of tape are holding it in the position that I'm happy with (with the backing tape still on) I then took each short piece of masking tape and pealed the vertical piece off and placed to horizontal along the edge of the RSPro.. Bit by bit.. and once done I removed the RSPro completly and ran a length of masking tape along all those short pieces so I now have an edge to locate the RSPro against.. Then I was just touching the center of the RSPro down as I worked my way along pealing the backing tape off as I went.. Once on its just a matter of pushing it down by working from the center out... The ripples along the edges just disappear like magic..  :)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 07:38:00 PM »
I just started at one end and worked my way to the other peeling off the backing as I went. Like you said, just pressing down the middle to follow the curve of the rail, work from the center out. It took me at most 30 minutes including cleaning my rails. I had to reposition the 1st side once, screwed up the second and did it twice. The little ripples on the edge really do disappear like magic. Just push in the middle of it and work your way out to the side. At 1st it looks like they will have to cause a wrinkle but its almost like it shrinks or compresses into itself when you push it in. The 1st one took longer because I was going slowly to assure I got it placed exactly where I wanted it on the rail. The 2nd was actually faster even though I screwed it up because I had the visual reference of the other edge to follow. Now that I think of that it may be a good idea to take a board out and paddle it a bit before doing the tape. I made sure to center the tape on the scuff marks I had already made on the Foote. It completely covers them so I know I have a good placement.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 07:50:15 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 05:15:19 PM »
Now that I think of that it may be a good idea to take a board out and paddle it a bit before doing the tape. I made sure to center the tape on the scuff marks I had already made on the Foote. It completely covers them so I know I have a good placement.

Yeah Stoney.  That's how.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Ghost 8'10 SUP
[Classifieds]
kliss99
Today at 05:01:39 AM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
PonoBill
April 23, 2024, 07:55:28 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 07:26:43 PM
spindrift
April 23, 2024, 07:16:46 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 06:56:28 PM
post Need a new Impact Vest
spindrift
April 23, 2024, 06:36:51 PM
post Re: Ocean Rodeo Glide-Allula
kiteboarder
April 23, 2024, 06:06:50 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 04:22:52 PM
kiteboarder
April 23, 2024, 03:07:49 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 02:59:32 PM
Dwight (DW)
April 23, 2024, 02:41:07 PM
post Re: Erik Antonson interview with Stacy Peralta
[Random]
surfinJ
April 23, 2024, 01:34:42 PM
post Fanatic 8.3 Allwave
[Classifieds]
firesurf
April 23, 2024, 01:28:40 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 01:24:35 PM
post Re: At what age did you, or do you plan to retire?
[Random]
surfinJ
April 23, 2024, 01:24:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal