Author Topic: I'm suddenly tired of "heavy" boards.  (Read 8127 times)

spookini

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I'm suddenly tired of "heavy" boards.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 09:16:19 AM »
Spankered=sponsored for the wanna be pro. I have mined this territory myself. Not proud.
Nothing to be ashamed of.  I've also contacted manufacturers regarding sponsorship.
The answer is always the same..  DEPENDS
-- My doctor says I suffer from low kook --
Do sharks attack?  Hope not
Do flying fish hate us?  Hells yes

supthecreek

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2015, 05:10:49 PM »
ha ha... i have fallen behind on this thread because I put in 5 hours today with a double session on the Alana ;D ;D ;D
It was fun.... but I still wish it was a smaller, lighter board at the moment.
resin coming for the Prowave repair. RAW has been sold on. Next ain't here yet.
I'll live. Maybe.

Good thing I'm here for lonely spooky dude.... what ever would he do???

NE... been out much lately? You've been too quiet on the Zone lately... good to hear from you!
At 67, it's a little tough to get spankered... but who knows?

I've had short and light but it was too much work with my RAW... so I'm digging all the options these days

No Craigslist.... no one sells anything good in NE... and last years boards are so.... last year ;)

later Zoneoids.... I'm going out to get spankered  8)

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2015, 06:25:09 PM »
Too bad the Prowave is on the mend.  My neighbor and I both love ours.  My neighbor thinks his Prowave has telepathy, he just has to think what he wants it to do and it does it.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 05:10:27 AM »
I really love my 11x31 tanker. It's massive, by 2 major repair heavy weight, only adds the momentum of the glide. It even turns easy for its size.

But I hate to carry it to the water. To the point that I don't use it, lugging it is intolerable. It needs to be parked at the beach like a boat.

I've been grabbing my old 9x28 round nose and love it's lightness. Want to be on something smaller but stabler .....

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 06:02:14 AM »
Spankered=sponsored for the wanna be pro. I have mined this territory myself. Not proud.

[in skiing] that'd be "spancered"

Here is a template letter of application for spancership:
[from  http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-38280.html ]

"...this is how it's done kids.

Buster Highmen's Eider application:

I am a dynamic figure, often seen skiing walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel tram stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Etruscan refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I yo-yo Mt. Superior for three days in a row.
I woo women with my sensuous and godlike posting, I can pilot rubber dolphins up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in rilling, a veteran in love, and was an outlaw in the Peruvian.

Using only a pole and a large bladder, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Andes from a horde of ferocious journalists. I play the electric bagpipe, I was scouted by the Mets. I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract algebra, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy ski wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat .400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I slalom, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact parenting. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but smoked it. I have made extraordinary four-course meals using only a mogul and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis."

NEplay

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 06:08:13 AM »
Spancered-100% correct, that is what I was going for!!! Creek get Spancered. I nominate you to write the SUP form letter for Spancorship. Do I have a second?

Is this Yugi of the former Telemarque.com that morphed into Telemarktips.com? I am the telematrix.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 06:11:12 AM by NEplay »
New England Is My Playground

SpaceCoastPaul

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2015, 05:46:42 PM »
I hate hate my heavy board until the sideshore winds hit 10 +. Then I love it.
8'8" x 31" Stu Sharpe WaveHog
10' x 32" Foote

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2015, 10:22:47 PM »
Is this Yugi of the former Telemarque.com that morphed into Telemarktips.com? I am the telematrix.

Yep. You still a pinhead?

NEplay

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2015, 02:52:12 AM »
Still pinnin' and grinnin' at the resorts and AT in the backcountry. I did not see that combo coming 20 years ago. Whatever happened to Mitch?
New England Is My Playground

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2015, 02:42:16 PM »
:P :-[ :-X :-\ :'( ??? :( >:( :o :( ??? :P :-[ :-\ :'(
DRUM ROLL..........and the most smileys used in a post award goes to.....supthecreek!

Light boards RULE! ....in glassy conditions anyways.  :P Consider CoreVac by Cannibal....WAY less $s than a Naish. I live 2-1/2 blocks from the beach which equates to about a 7 min walk. The dif between carrying my Vibe up there and my Assassin is quite large. Usually hafta switch arms half way wit da Vibe.
https://youtu.be/HdpRgGCWQAg
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal