Author Topic: Corran Addison SUP Kickstarter in Trouble  (Read 17840 times)

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
Re: Corran Addison SUP Kickstarter in Trouble
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 01:20:24 PM »
The board's being made. The question is, who's paying for the Kickstarter boards?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

StandinDan

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 02:27:18 PM »
This is all pretty baffling and too bad. Corran is a great shaper to work with. From sitting down at his kitchen table and coming up with a custom design to hitting the water with it was a 4 week turn around for me.  He pumped out a 7'7" by 27" that is by far the best board I have ever ridden. 12#s but also bullet proof. Thought about getting him to make me another one as a back up before he leaves for Canada. Great guy, great shaper, awesome surfer.
Dan

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 06:26:20 PM »
Wow, I'm surprised and disappointed to hear, and read what I am about the situation.  I've know Corran for several years now, and have always had great times when with him surfing or just hanging out him and his family on the beach.  His personalization of boards for me has led me to some of the best boards I've ever surfed, and look forward to the one in production with another boardmaker that Corran also had input on with that shaper.

That said, I hope that he works his butt off to get all those who supported his Kickstarter program the "rewards" as promised, and in a timely manner (meaning, "NOW!")...and will speak to him about such if I happen to see him before he heads to parts north.

Wishing all the best to all of those involved....
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:28:35 PM by SanoSup »
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 01:31:02 PM »
Well I think Corran is finally heading north. I saw his van with trailer all loaded up. I've talked to him about motorcycles in the past, and I know he's pretty into it. The new graphic on his van says something about a motor racing team. Looks like he's changing industries.

https://www.designcorse.com/news/Page-2.html 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9o4Iy47ey4
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 01:59:58 PM »
That is what I have heard..

Back to Canada...

Quite a Character....

He will be missed around these parts...
Ralph
Sup-position
(714) 899-3020 call, Text or Message

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 02:05:21 PM »
Oh...Canada?

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 02:12:32 PM »
 Eh?

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 02:15:24 PM »
I corresponded with him over Facebook last week. He was nice enough, and I suggested that maybe he ought to just take care of his initial investors, negotiating this later with Kayak Distribution. That's when he said that he couldn't comment on this anymore on the advice of his lawyer.

Sigh…

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 08:41:47 PM »
Say goodbye.

Motorcycle racing isn't how you make money, it's how you spend money. Especially racing a bike like an MV Agusta. I have one, they're beautiful, and I love mine, but it's not a developed racing bike even at an amateur level and won't be competitive against bikes that are unless someone drops a few million into development. And watching Corran's video I'd say he's a decent street rider, but a long, long way from the precision and control level of a serious racer. "All traffic laws were obeyed". Really. On Ortega? Na.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2015, 08:57:55 PM »
You drop your knee to many times on Ortega Hwy, and you end up dead.

http://patch.com/california/lakeelsinore-wildomar/ortega-highway-one-of-californias-bloodiest
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2015, 11:41:01 PM »
All those roads headed east are fun for lunatics like me. I used to meet up with my bike nut friends in San Diego each year to go play in the twisties. Unfortunately they're all dead now. Not all from bikes, but mostly. More good luck than good management that I'm not. Oregon has lots of places to play too, but mostly I do it on race tracks these days. Most of us are going the same way and no one is texting or drunk.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2015, 07:29:16 AM »
Since that other Kickstarter is up, there are a few updates to this one. The latest one by Corran is that he is suing Kayak Distribution and that he has no timeframe for a resolution. The second is that the Hydra board is going to be manufactured — it was recently shown.

http://www.rapidmedia.com/adventurekayak/categories/news/5917-first-look-corran-s-3-piece-hydra-sup.html

The other update, and this is really weird, is that Corran is now working for kayak Distribution, the very people he sold his company to and was suing! This isn't a rumor; it's an official press release:

https://kayakdistribution.com/kayak-distribution-acquires-corran-sup/

I have no idea where this is going to end. I just want my board.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2015, 07:39:01 AM »
Not going to happen Ich. Corran seems talented, but...  From having read his holier than thou pronouncements on Facebook I suspect he would dismiss your getting screwed as a product of your small-minded insistence on archaic commerce ethics.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2015, 07:47:07 AM »
Not going to happen Ich. Corran seems talented, but...  From having read his holier than thou pronouncements on Facebook I suspect he would dismiss your getting screwed as a product of your small-minded insistence on archaic commerce ethics.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone so full of themself,,,,goes to a bizarre level sometimes.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

paddlejones

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2015, 08:04:28 AM »
Kick starter sounds like it's all too easy to walk away from financial obligation.

Bummer. I feel for those who have backed this and others. It is to easy to walk away from obligation... (Not my way of life at all)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal