Author Topic: SUPin Into Spring  (Read 5492 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
SUPin Into Spring
« on: March 30, 2015, 06:19:33 PM »
March 21st PUMPED here in New Jersey. Mornin' was SOO sweet for sup...hardly anyone there, lite wind,no crowd. I pretty much HAD to grab a reg board for the afternoon.
Tide dropped, wind picked up more south/sideshore, and crowd got to be a factor. This edit took a WHILE! Stalled it the last few days cuz of the recent swell...big push to finish it tday.  8)
https://youtu.be/DVQVcdpCQEo
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:21:36 PM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

supthecreek

Re: SUPin Into Spring
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 05:37:39 AM »
Cookieman... nice job on the snow cover opening... I have to experiment more with time lapse!
Really good waves.... looks like that place always breaks like a point.... great setup. I can't believe it was so empty early when glassy... it pays to get up early.

You seem to have your Solo Shot dialed in.... maybe you should do an on-line tutorial. ;D

supthecreek

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 05:45:15 AM »
ooops... I forgot to mention the cool wave curl in the middle of the scene... that was interesting, was that in your movie editing software?

I also know what you mean about the editing... it always takes a week to put together a vid....at least a week, rendering is not a fast process.
I don't know how DJ gets his up on the same day.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 07:31:32 AM »
Not sure what GoPro you are using but the Black3+ (and Silver I think) have great time lapse modes. There are a ton of tutorials on YouTube to create time lapse vids. I use Lightroom and Premiere to produce mine. Can be done in Photoshop also. Check out the compilation of sunsets I did in March. SOOO fun to put em togeth,

"SUP Into Spring" edit was done in CyberLink Power Director. The swirly effect is called "Drain". I also have Premiere Pro and prefer it mainly because it has a faster render time and RARELY freezes/crashes. My next edit is cookin' right now in Premiere.

SOLOSHOT is really easy to use and there's a demo vid right on the website to learn the basics. I have the new more advanced SS2 and really only use it's basic functionality. Gotta get movin' on it's more advanced features like vertical panning and camera controller. I do utilize "Standby" mode which is handy for saving bats.

Point break? That spot is as close to a point as we have here on LBI. Slated for beach replenish this yr...prob be totally filled in by next yr.  :'(
Thanx for checkin' in, creek.  8)

https://youtu.be/IbugRtFOz1c?list=UULhyIKBLFiXMBcrCDK63ZGw
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"

covesurfer

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 09:40:56 AM »
Super nice video and love all that backside riding! Swell looks like a blast, but man, that water looks mighty cold! Great job on the editing and the surfing! 8) Way to charge!

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 02:52:49 PM »
Great vid.. Nice waves.. Shame about the angle of the sun for filming but the shine on the water looks great..

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 03:31:32 PM »
Nice work and nice wave :)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 04:52:21 PM »
Nice video. That spot oddly reminds me of the left at Kanaha--except for all the rubber. It also has nothing much to the left of the pocket, got to pull back to get it all, unless you do a late drop, and then it's all about going as fast as you can to get to the pocket.

I might be biased, but I think you've got a lot more style on the SUP than the longboard.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 06:13:11 PM »
Thanx everyone for checkin' out my vid. I normally wouldn't bother messaging everyone for an avg day of srf on vid, but I really wanted everyone to see how good this day was. I appreciate all the positive input, Zoners. Keep the stoke alive!
that water looks mighty cold! Great job on the editing and the surfing!
The water was def cold at around 45F, but the air that day was a balmy 60F, which felt like a heat wave after the brutal record low temps we had in Feb here in the northeast.
Shame about the angle of the sun for filming
lol, I'm always wishing for cloud cover in the mornings so I can shoot!
nice wave :)
It's one of the most special waves we have here in NJ. Quite magical when it's workin'.
I think you've got a lot more style on the SUP than the longboard.
Hmmm, interesting. I'm really not a "Proper" longboarder, that's for sure!

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 06:34:54 PM »
Nice vid and waves.

I just got a new PC with Power director on it. Looks good so far but haven't rendered a video yet, just played with it a bit.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 06:49:57 PM »
I just got a new PC with Power director on it.
CyberLink Power Director 10. It's a pretty limited ver that came pre install on my new HP Envy. Bastards didn't even toss a full ver over. It's missing a bunch of features, some pretty important ones too like key framing, slo and fast motion, and chroma key. I was thinking of purchasing full ver, but I have full vers of Premiere and Power Direct on my desktop.
Thanx for checkin out my vid, stoneaxe.  8)

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 07:26:26 PM »
Cook, you caught so many waves.  Did this all happen in one day, or is it a lot of days edited together? 
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 07:45:16 PM »
Cook, you caught so many waves.  Did this all happen in one day, or is it a lot of days edited together? 
lol, one day! hard to believe, right? And I only fell on that one wave! It was a miracle I could actually walk back to my car after that day. Wasn't surprised the next day when I could barely get up and down my steps though!
Thanx for checkin' in, Zoo.

RATbeachrider

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 07:43:57 PM »
Very kool!

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 11:47:09 AM »
I just got a new PC with Power director on it.
CyberLink Power Director 10. It's a pretty limited ver that came pre install on my new HP Envy. Bastards didn't even toss a full ver over. It's missing a bunch of features, some pretty important ones too like key framing, slo and fast motion, and chroma key. I was thinking of purchasing full ver, but I have full vers of Premiere and Power Direct on my desktop.
Thanx for checkin out my vid, stoneaxe.  8)
I just bought a new HP and they had the same Power Director pre-loaded but they had an ad come up to purchase the full version for $54.99 and it also comes with a decent audio editor so I bought it. Pretty feature packed for just $55. If I was doing this more I might go a different way but this looks pretty good for the $'s.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal