Author Topic: VP sup fins  (Read 1629 times)

nachoSUP

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
VP sup fins
« on: March 30, 2015, 08:18:42 AM »
bougth this fins from the other part of the planet, found them on the seabreeze fórum. They made a long journey from Australia to Uruguay, but all ended up very well, no relation with Robert, just an other happy costumer.

here´s my Little review about the V6 on my Hokua 9´5¨ GT. We have an awesome weekend of good surf

Saturday, 3 hours with 10-12 knot onshore breeze, some wind chop, big fat waves (OH-max DOH faces) Put 3 v6 on my board, before that i have only use it on the original set up (M7 sides and the big naish centrer fin)

The board become a Little more unstable and with a Little more jaw (first impression paddling out). First wave, the board felt loose.

I put more concience on my stance, bending more my knees, back foot on the tail pad.

The board was way more loose than i´m used to. Very easy to pivot and turn with plenty of speed.

Must say that when i came out, i was wondering if i didn´t choose the rigth size as i felt that the center fin didn´t give me the drive (the one i´m used to) . Remember, it was choppy with some fat sections.

Sunday...ohhh sunday...beatifull, glass, almost no wind at all with some offshore breeze. The beach i choosed was perfect hollow OH waves with some smaller ones and some bigger ones with perfect barrels.  (not the beach i choosed but near, you can check how it was here http://paipo.com.uy/corumba-y-gavilan-29-3-tioyushi-part1-2/  )

Well..remember all the things i said about not having the drive and the board felt unstable???? I will have to swallow all those words.

In steep, hollow waves, with the same set up (thruster V6) i think nothing work better. I had the speed i needed, this fins hold to the wave like no other, i ´mean, late drops, very steep and vertical, bottom turn and hold the line.  Althought the wave was very fast (or at least the bigger ones) it was like i was on a board specially made for getting barrelled, and folks, that´s not the houka i´m used to.

In some smaller waves, i had the chance to go up to the lip and throw the tail, something like a cut back but ending up going to the same direction. (going left, i´m regular)

Well bottom line: the fins not only look good, they are great!!!! Changed how my board rides and i think upgraded it to a new level.

Great service, great Price, great fins.

supthecreek

Re: VP sup fins
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 10:14:00 AM »
Good write-up nacho. It's good that you got to compare them on a board you know well.... before the "blunt" arrives ;-)

Piros' VP fin set looks really interesting, I like the fact that you get every fin combination in one matched set.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal