Author Topic: SUP Rack for Garage  (Read 22967 times)

covesurfer

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: SUP Rack for Garage
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 02:11:01 PM »
Space Wrangler, nice looking rack and quiver.

mdsurf, me too for being lucky. When we moved to Maui, our first place was only 950 square feet and no outside storage and no garage. My wife let me store six boards and an OC-1 in the house. She was the smart one, even I was claustrophobic. By the time we bought a bigger place, with a garage, I thought it was my idea. ;-)

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 02:13:06 PM »

Got the wall rack and rolling rack from T-raxsurf.com.
Not cheap but they are well-made.

This is amazing. A completely clear wall in your garage!

I would immediately find something to put there on either sides of those boards. Probably some paint buckets, one of those towers for cats, and a shelf full of interior decoration stuff (my wife's contribution). The corner would hold a pile of brooms, oars, paddles, bats (whiffle and aluminum), golf clubs, fishing rods and a couple of pool noodles.

Make paddleboarding great again!

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 02:23:28 PM »
Hey Space Man,
Welcome to the zone! But..... you're scare'n us dude. At least the floor isn't one of those perfect epoxy coated ones.  ::)
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

covesurfer

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2015, 06:07:42 PM »
No racks in my current garage, just a lot of makeshift stacks....maybe someday but I have zero empty wall space.

JP4

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2015, 06:30:47 PM »
No racks in my current garage, just a lot of makeshift stacks....maybe someday but I have zero empty wall space.
What, no pressure washer?

covesurfer

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2015, 06:34:58 PM »
I got a p.w.

You stalker.

Space Wrangler

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2015, 04:09:41 AM »

Got the wall rack and rolling rack from T-raxsurf.com.
Not cheap but they are well-made.

This is amazing. A completely clear wall in your garage!

I would immediately find something to put there on either sides of those boards. Probably some paint buckets, one of those towers for cats, and a shelf full of interior decoration stuff (my wife's contribution). The corner would hold a pile of brooms, oars, paddles, bats (whiffle and aluminum), golf clubs, fishing rods and a couple of pool noodles.

We just moved in. I was planning to put in baseboards before I junk it up but couldnt resist going ahead and installing the board rack.   This one is the basement.   I am pretty much a hoarder.   The garage upstairs is so full of bikes, kayaks, snowboards, fishing and golf stuff that I can't fit a car in it.

Mil-Surf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2015, 06:18:21 PM »
A
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:34:42 PM by Mil-Surf »
Jimmy Lewis Destroyer
7’7”x29”@100ltrs

Cracker red

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2015, 01:15:02 PM »
I made up some end plates to bolt to the wall.  Welded 1.5" handrail tubing at an angle, foam covers and tube end finishers from macmaster-carr.  Whole this with powder coating the tubes/ends came out to about 50$.  Thought it was cooler than a basic store bought thing, and my 7 year old son picked out the designs.  I plan on needing to make at least one more set....my 2 boards will be there but all 3 of the kids want to SUP now too!

I'll snap a pic when it's up, but here is a screen shot of the plates I made up.  I guess that CNC plasma cutter I bought is good for something lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal