Author Topic: Ztehuaweisports.com Anyone done business with these folks?  (Read 4482 times)

LeeBee

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ztehuaweisports.com Anyone done business with these folks?
« on: March 04, 2015, 07:34:30 AM »
There is a China based site on the Internet; Ztehuaweisports.com advertising SUP's and bikes at very attractive prices. Has anyone out there actually done business with this company and willing to share their experience with them?
Thanks
2019 Mistral Stealth 17' 6" x 24"
2019 Mistral Interceptor 17' 6" x 24"
2017 NSP Ninja 14' x 25"
2016 JP Australia All-Around 11' 8" x 31"
Stellar S16S surf ski
Kai Barton ARES OC-1 outrigger canoe

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Ztehuaweisports.com Anyone done business with these folks?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 10:29:51 AM »
Even shipping rates are good !!
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 12:12:42 PM »
Interesting, about 30 percent less than most shops charge, and they seem to have pretty much all the production board brands. even adding shipping it comes in about 25 percent less.

Then again, buying products directly from China is always a little nerve-wracking. Yes, all this stuff is made in Asia, and usually you get what you paid for, but if there are any problems the dance is long and frustrating. I'm still waiting for a motherboard for my Sony Nex-5 that I ordered in the beginning of January. By the time I get it I will have forgotten how to reassemble the damned thing. I think it will eventually turn up, but the communication with the seller has been slow and weird. This isn't the first time. Ke Nalu paddles are made in China, and the effort to maintain quality when we started the company was a constant battle. Lane seems to have that under control now, but doing a once time deal doesn't give you a lot of leverage is something goes wrong.

These guys LOOK legit, but it's just a website. Some of the companies that look very legit are just some guy with a computer acting as a middleman. Outfits like AliExpress don't release funds to the seller until the buyer has received the goods.  Escrow transactions have a long history in Asia, and there's a good reason for that.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:15:54 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SeaMe

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 02:40:25 PM »
ZTE & Huawei are two Chinese communication giants that the US views as a security threat (you can read more here http://www.bbc.com/news/business-19867399 or do your own search, there are PLENTY of articles out there). It's odd to see their names associated with sports equipment.
“I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.” ― Anaïs Nin
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Fanatic Fly HRS 10'6"
Fanatic Ray HRS BVI 12'0" ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

capobeachboy

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 03:09:09 PM »
I would say BEWARE as they have ULI listed on their website and they are not made overseas.  Unless they are buying them from us here in the USA this is B.S. 
West Coast Distributor
Dolphin Surfcraft
DEEP Ocean Boards
Ambassador/team rider/rep
KeNalu Paddles

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 03:39:18 PM »
I remember toxic sheetrock that used to come from China, now they are talking about toxic hardwood laminate flooring sold thru Lumber Liquidators, is there anything to it?  Not sure, but why take the risk, I'd rather spend a bit more knowing it's the real thing.
Oh yeah, Lumber Liquidators stock has been tanking this week due to that.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 03:43:12 PM by Weasels wake »
It takes a quiver to do that.

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 04:26:43 PM »
I would say BEWARE as they have ULI listed on their website and they are not made overseas.  Unless they are buying them from us here in the USA this is B.S.
Yeah, what's up with that? Everything I have heard about ULI, whether here or from their website leads me to believe they would be the last brand you would see here.

ZTE & Huawei are two Chinese communication giants that the US views as a security threat (you can read more here http://www.bbc.com/news/business-19867399 or do your own search, there are PLENTY of articles out there). It's odd to see their names associated with sports equipment.
For the life of me I couldn't figure out what that had to do with this place for a few minutes. Even searched around the site to see where you saw them listed.......Duh.   :-[

Are these all pirated goods just out there blatantly advertised? Forms of payment listed seem sketchy for any recourse but hey, it is a global economy and I make many overseas payments with western union or my bank of China account. 

LeeBee

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 04:38:32 PM »
All,
At this point it appears they are a fraud.
I corresponded with them, and as best I could tell they seemed legit, then sent some money by wire transfer for some gear, and then once the money was sent, no further reply. Cost me a few hundred and lesson learned.
Missed the connection on the name which unfortunately would have been a red flag. Thanks for the feedback, will check with you all first...
2019 Mistral Stealth 17' 6" x 24"
2019 Mistral Interceptor 17' 6" x 24"
2017 NSP Ninja 14' x 25"
2016 JP Australia All-Around 11' 8" x 31"
Stellar S16S surf ski
Kai Barton ARES OC-1 outrigger canoe

Easy Rider

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 02:58:39 PM »
It's all fake. 
There are several suppliers I deal with (in different sports) that are listed on there - that DO NOT do business with them - or any one like them. 

I hate that places like this scam people - it puts a bad light on everyone trying to sell products to make a living - even I get questioned if we are "legitimate" - and I have had a retail store in the same city for 30+ years. 

Not to sound like a broken record - but support your local shop / economy.  You may spend a few extra bucks - but that local SUP shop / coffee house / bakery / auto parts store / etc. - pays local taxes to pave the roads and build schools for your kids.
Cheaper is rarely better.

just my 2¢
Easy Rider is the name of my store in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
My name is Warren Currie . . . and we SUP Surf indoors . . . in a shopping mall!

SeaMe

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 07:46:22 PM »
sent some money by wire transfer for some gear

If you are in the USA and did the wire transfer at a large bank (e.g. Chase) they might be able to recall the wire. I would contact them ASAP.
“I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.” ― Anaïs Nin
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Fanatic Fly HRS 10'6"
Fanatic Ray HRS BVI 12'0" ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 09:16:40 AM »

Oh yeah, Lumber Liquidators stock has been tanking this week due to that.

Lumber Liquidators! Nooooo..... It can't be? I love getting their junk mail :)
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal