Author Topic: Bottom turn drill when you don't have a wave  (Read 2159 times)

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Bottom turn drill when you don't have a wave
« on: March 01, 2015, 03:51:18 PM »
My grandson invented this little drill with the rope my son (his coach) has hanging from the roof of their pool.  The rope over the middle of the pool is for strength training for the swim team but my grandson swings in from the upper deck makes contact with the boogie board and plants his turn.  I  told him he needed to compress an commit more into his bottom turn and this is what he came up with.  Probably not for most people and the liability in the US would be off the chart.  But where they are and owning the pool they can do whatever they want. 

The kid used to be very conservative and careful about high risk activities but now that he's 12 it looks like he's going off the deep end.  They live 3 hrs from the surf and he  wants to be ready.

SpaceCoastPaul

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Bottom turn drill when you don't have a wave
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 04:07:22 PM »
He's a lucky kid to have family encouraging him to push the envelope.
8'8" x 31" Stu Sharpe WaveHog
10' x 32" Foote

XLR8

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 04:32:13 PM »
That's pretty sweet!  There's actually so much you can do with a hanging rope or webbing loop.  I used to have 6 different sets in some trees on a hillside and I swung from webbing loop to webbing loop literally like Tarzan (at least in my mind).  SO much fun!  He's is lucky to have the opportunity...

Blkbox Surf
Instagram: @greatlakespaddler

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 07:53:59 PM »
Sweet....what a blast. We used to do something similar off a tree swing when I was in my teens. Found a 2 x 8 and used to leave it floating. Try to land on it and ski it.....great until my friend got a 6" splinter into the bottom of his foot.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 03:45:07 PM »
He's a lucky kid to have family encouraging him to push the envelope.
Somebody's got to work at the post office!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal