Author Topic: Indonesia  (Read 3183 times)

SupPadre

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Indonesia
« on: February 27, 2015, 09:41:16 AM »
Has there been a discussion of surf resorts in Indonesia here? I searched and didn't find one. Togat Nusa showed up on my facebook timeline today and looks very nice, but before investing that much time in a trip it would be great to hear from people who have been there.

Thanks in advance.

SCruzSUPr

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Indonesia
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 09:52:38 AM »
Family and I really enjoyed trip to south end of Lombok 2 years ago.  We surfed Gurupuk, although there are lots of breaks down there.  Stay at the Novotel, NOT the Tastura....

Haven't been to J Land or the Mentawais yet.
10' x 32"        Bill Foote  Triton
9'5" x 31"       Sunova Speeed
11'2" x 32"     Bill Foote 'Geezer Sled'

surfsupindo

• Waikiki Status
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - phuketsurf
    • View Profile
    • SUP yacht charters Bali, Sumatra, Indonesia
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 12:03:46 AM »
There are some good SUP places in the Mentawai and other islands, the more mellow spots and beach breaks.The waves around Togat Nusa are fairly sucky, but would be a few spots on offer and some great little islands to check out. Farther north of Ments is good in the Tello/Nias area.
Lombok has some great spots as mentioned, and so does Bali. I see that there are a few schools and rentals in Bali, also plenty of locals making SUP's here now. I saw some brochures of a boat doing SUP live-aboard trips too.
Surfer SUPer
Instagram: surfsup_bali

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 12:48:40 AM »
Bali should only be a trans point.  Go to any of the eastern islands or the Mentawais and ments would be first choice.  So many breaks with different exposures to wind and swell.  It's like dial a wave.  Season usually begins in late April to October.

Anything fried is fried with rancid oil.  Watch your intake and avoid crowds.

Oh, and if you go anywhere else but east Bali, it's Islamic, prayer at 5 and 5... take earplugs.  Their loudspeakers are as loud as a tsunami warning, only longer. And there are occasional real  tsunamis as well.  Go to sleep early and wake up at the crack before the sun gets hot.  Sleep during the middle of the day.

My best advice for a resort is Supersucks on Sumbawa.  Manager is Paul James.

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 03:30:08 PM »
Is there surf on the east side of Bali?

Bali should only be a trans point.  Go to any of the eastern islands or the Mentawais and ments would be first choice.  So many breaks with different exposures to wind and swell.  It's like dial a wave.  Season usually begins in late April to October.

Oh, and if you go anywhere else but east Bali, it's Islamic, prayer at 5 and 5... take earplugs.  Their loudspeakers are as loud as a tsunami warning, only longer. And there are occasional real  tsunamis as well.  Go to sleep early and wake up at the crack before the sun gets hot.  Sleep during the middle of the day.

Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 08:26:55 PM »
Is there surf on the east side of Bali?

Surf on east Bali is only the residual wrap from the very biggest swells so yes but small and very far between.  Blocked by Lombok.

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 01:04:32 PM »
Are there any places in Indo that include all three of the following?

1) Consistent fun UNCROWDED surf.
2) Cheap places to live on or near the beach for 1 to 3 months.
3) Decent internet.
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal