Author Topic: Paddle mount GoPro cam pics from this morning on Maui  (Read 6700 times)

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Paddle mount GoPro cam pics from this morning on Maui
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 08:18:15 AM »
Doesn't look like you had any fun at all.
 ;)

5 and 7 are incredible.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 08:47:31 AM »
Sunny! ;D

Always love your shots... thanks so much for contributing! Much appreciated.

Hand shaped Kalamas lighter than production?
It is NOT lost on me that Laird and Dave never surf tiny boards and they simply look like they are enjoying the hell out of every session.
Lesson to be learned from that.
I just enjoyed another "DK" video and you have to consider his impact on Imagine. Pretty clean looking designs. Thanks for the look at more.

Dave's actually been riding/testing smaller boards that may come into production with Imagine.  I rode an 7'8' egg and a 7'10" fish shape out at Kanaha a few weeks back that were REALLY fun.  I liked the egg more than the fish as it prefer a round pin over a big swallow.

Here's a pic of the egg, can't find one of the fish.

Interesting fin setup. Did you surf that board? If you did, what did you think about that fin set-up? Sort of twin thruster. Maybe stiff?
I love the purple and gold, though it's been a few painful season's.

BTW, It seems like when I set-up my GoPro 2 timer for 2 seconds, it just does these quick 5 shots or so and stops. I hit the start and start paddling into the wave. All I get is the palm of my hand, the sky, and the side of my face, and it stops? Does it return to the default once you stop it?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 08:54:28 AM by TallDude »
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

DailyBread Surf Photo

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • RapidRescoreCredit.com
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 01:11:03 PM »
Sunny! ;D

Always love your shots... thanks so much for contributing! Much appreciated.

Hand shaped Kalamas lighter than production?
It is NOT lost on me that Laird and Dave never surf tiny boards and they simply look like they are enjoying the hell out of every session.
Lesson to be learned from that.
I just enjoyed another "DK" video and you have to consider his impact on Imagine. Pretty clean looking designs. Thanks for the look at more.

Dave's actually been riding/testing smaller boards that may come into production with Imagine.  I rode an 7'8' egg and a 7'10" fish shape out at Kanaha a few weeks back that were REALLY fun.  I liked the egg more than the fish as it prefer a round pin over a big swallow.

Here's a pic of the egg, can't find one of the fish.

Interesting fin setup. Did you surf that board? If you did, what did you think about that fin set-up? Sort of twin thruster. Maybe stiff?
I love the purple and gold, though it's been a few painful season's.

BTW, It seems like when I set-up my GoPro 2 timer for 2 seconds, it just does these quick 5 shots or so and stops. I hit the start and start paddling into the wave. All I get is the palm of my hand, the sky, and the side of my face, and it stops? Does it return to the default once you stop it?

I did surf that board and liked it alot.  The fin placement with that tail rocker was spot on.  Super loose allowed you to pump the face to generate speed and you can make quick turns to meet the lip without alot of planning.

My board he put 6 fin options.  I initially ran the back fins on the rail but since have moved them to the middle slots (quad).  Tail doesn't release 3/4 the way through a roundhouse like they did when on the rail.  Keeps the tail engaged through the turn.  More drive too.

I have the 3+ black so I can't tell you about the 2 setting.  Might be time for an upgrade?

PaddleBert

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 06:01:15 PM »
Awesome shots! What mount do you have?

DailyBread Surf Photo

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • RapidRescoreCredit.com