Author Topic: Thinking about pleasantries  (Read 11454 times)

BigSlaveDave

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about pleasantries
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 08:43:44 AM »
No sympathy from me either--I'm out for six weeks with a broken wing.  I have to go to the stinking gym and use the treadmill things--frickin brain torture devices.  I hate gyms.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 09:08:25 AM »
hate gyms too--not vain enough to use them beyond when injured or in need of training to do something enjoyable.
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 09:13:01 AM »
Love the music, perfect for the mood, and a great song.

That's the kind of waves we've been surfing on the south side when the north is blown out. SOG--Single over Greg. I have to say that a day spent in baby waves is pretty relaxing after a winter of running for my life in front of grinders. Of course with the crew I hang out with you still have to be on your toes, Greg ran me down and busted a paddle in a wave no bigger than that. And Boyum tried to inhabit the same square inches of a knee high mushburger. Not wise to drop in on these characters.

that Railsaver Pro, or whatever it's called now, I guess it's RSPro, looks fantastic on your board. I've got to buy some more of that stuff. Wish someone here would stock it. Every time I leave my house and look at the boards on the rack I notice how good it looks. I've got a couple that are naked. Most of my boards are Yellow, that black with white stripes is just bonnaroo. I might switch to that for the rest of the boards.

I've got a little gym set up in the caretaker cottage at Ponohouse--I hate to walk down the stairs to use it. Fricken' P90X.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:27:18 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

spookini

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 09:20:41 AM »
Ahh, that's right.  The P90X guys.   Whatever happened to them? Seems they don't post here anymore.  Full rectal blowout perhaps?  Tough to type when that occurs.

Crap, it's snowing again..  ::)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:23:23 AM by spookini »
-- My doctor says I suffer from low kook --
Do sharks attack?  Hope not
Do flying fish hate us?  Hells yes

KiwiSupGreg

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 09:43:39 AM »
You guys crack me up. STC you need to bottle some of your stoke and sell it. There's people in this world that need even a small part of your attitude to life. (I got enough for me but not enough to share  :) )

We normally get the South Pacific tropical storms rolling across this time of year. But hasn't happened yet. Got a decent 5ft day on Wednesday apparently it was great. (I'm on hospital duty). I didn't even look at the cams for obvious reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covesurfer

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 10:20:17 AM »

That's the kind of waves we've been surfing on the south side when the north is blown out. SOG--Single over Greg. I have to say that a day spent in baby waves is pretty relaxing after a winter of running for my life in front of grinders. Of course with the crew I hang out with you still have to be on your toes, Greg ran me down and busted a paddle in a wave no bigger than that. And Boyum tried to inhabit the same square inches of a knee high mushburger. Not wise to drop in on these characters.

I'm afraid I got the worst of that ^^^^deal. 

I ordered new RSP tape for my perfect,new-to-me DP Maui and finally got it yesterday. While applying, I found a huge pressure ding in the bottom of my NEW 8'6", looks just like your rail PB.

The board was used but was flawless and that was the first session I had on it. I'm bummed about it but it shouldn't affect the board's performance or integrity so I guess there's nothing to do but carry on and don't screw around with the other geezers, small waves or not.

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2015, 05:34:44 PM »
At least it's closer to summer every day.
oh yeah......

Are you guys all mad?
Mr. Big, how do you like that Blade?

supthecreek

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2015, 06:40:18 PM »
Wetstuff Jimmy.... you really need to do a Road Trip up here and explore the Cape with me..... I am in constant "amaze" mode. cept for summer when the bugs and crowds hatch. Springtime..... make time and visit the Cape Zoner crew...... pretty neat bunch.

I'd love to explore the eastern shore as well..... cruised it in my trawler years back, the shallows looked perfect for SUP... plus, I like crab  ;D

newton333

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2015, 06:14:39 AM »
I'm happy any day wave can push me.  u had warm water thats still a plus!

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2015, 03:56:22 PM »
Love the music, perfect for the mood, and a great song.

that Railsaver Pro, or whatever it's called now, I guess it's RSPro, looks fantastic on your board. I've got to buy some more of that stuff. Wish someone here would stock it. Every time I leave my house and look at the boards on the rack I notice how good it looks. I've got a couple that are naked. Most of my boards are Yellow, that black with white stripes is just bonnaroo. I might switch to that for the rest of the boards.

I've got a little gym set up in the caretaker cottage at Ponohouse--I hate to walk down the stairs to use it. Fricken' P90X.

Hey Bill the KeNalu distributer here in Oz is also the distributer for RSPro.. You should contact him..

That music is the first song off the new Diana Krall cd called Wallflower.. I've alway loved that song since The Mamas and the Popas diid it..

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2015, 04:22:24 PM »
lucabrasi - got the blade for 999. Love it. Stable and fast. Better than the Marlin except in ocean swells. Light too only weighs 28. Not a racer at all , it is amazing how OLD it looks next to the newer hulls..
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

Glowmaster

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2015, 05:06:22 PM »
my launch today.  My neighbor wants to know if I am "depressed".  I just laughed that depressed laugh.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:19:52 PM by Glowmaster »

supthecreek

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2015, 06:50:15 PM »
Ed.... keep looking.... there's a launch open somewhere.... I can still find one if I drive around. High tide will sometimes open some water

These pictures where take at the same launch 4 hours apart in Pleasant Bay

At low tide, the entire bay was solid.... the afternoon high tide opened up perfect paddling conditions.

newton333

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2015, 04:28:27 AM »
dude that insane..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal