Author Topic: First paddle on my new inflatabe..  (Read 5906 times)

MtnSUPSKI

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: First paddle on my new inflatabe..
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 09:20:29 AM »
DJ, you mention that you didn't buy it for performance which begs the question, why did you buy an inflatable to add to your quiver of boards?

I bought an inflatable board for a number of reasons.. 

Mates of mine are really getting into white water river stuff and I want to join in on the fun.. They say you need at least 33" wide.. and defiantly an inflatable for the durability.. They are also planing some SUP water polo events..  I'm planing a big down river paddle.. Down the Snowy River to the ocean at Marlo from Orbost.. I need to carry gear.. and also be nice and stable..  I want ant to be able to paddle with a large dog on board (my friends Pointer who's about 45 kgs) on flat water days around St Kilda marina..  I want a board that I can teach friends on no matter how big and heavy they are.. and not have to worry about them hitting the rails with the paddle.. or falling onto the board and doing damage..  Also.. I'm planing a trip to NZ one day down the track and plan to take it with me on the plane...

So.. Lots of reasons.. I'm sure I can think of more..  At least I won't need to put Rail Saver Pro on this board..   :)

Plastic for durability! ISUPS are amazing in the river, and super durable but Whitewater Kayakers have plastic rotomolded boats for a reason. Downside is weight and the ability to roll up, but performance is night and day better.

capobeachboy

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 01:59:09 PM »
Ahh DJ you are drinking the iSUP Kool Aid.  Pretty soon you'll have an all-inflatable quiver like me.
West Coast Distributor
Dolphin Surfcraft
DEEP Ocean Boards
Ambassador/team rider/rep
KeNalu Paddles

spookini

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 02:28:26 PM »
'Flatables are the fat-bottomed girls of the SUP world.
Loads of fun.  Who cares what your buddies think..
Climb aboard  :D
-- My doctor says I suffer from low kook --
Do sharks attack?  Hope not
Do flying fish hate us?  Hells yes

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal