Author Topic: So... Testosterone?  (Read 10577 times)

sterbo

• Malibu Status
  • sailordog...
    • View Profile
Re: So... Testosterone?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 07:53:52 AM »
-tw
That's good to know. Thank you.
That being the case though, I expect that someone would have to be experiencing a really serious need since injections and constant monitoring raise the 'wow, this would be cool' bar to a whole different level.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 08:52:38 AM by sterbo »

skibike

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 08:36:32 AM »
I started T shots from my doctors office after I was recording T levels in the high 200's. I certainly was feeling the effect of low T with extreme tiredness in the afternoons and very low libido.
I was feeling better but the effect wasnt long lasting...couple of days. The problem was that it was wacking my other hormone levels so much, that my doc sent me to one of the best endocrinologists in the area.

He told me to stop the T shots immediately as he said that anyone that truly needs T replacement therapy, would feel a huge boost when they get T replacement therapy and it would be long lasting. After asking me what was going on in my life he deemed that more than likely was the stress causing my low T.  After stopping the shots, my other hormone levels returned to normal and 9 months later I had a T level in the 700's.
L41 ST SIMSUP - 7'2 X 28" - 92L

supsurf-tw

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 08:40:07 AM »
-tw
That's good to know. Thanks you.
That being the case though, I expect that someone would have to be experiencing a really serious need since injections and constant monitoring raise the 'wow, this would be cool' bar to a whole different level.
Yeah. If a guy is young and T levels are below 300 or so he's a prime candidate for getting on a program. Older guys that are used to decent T levels and then the levels drop dramatically are generally the ones that go on TRT. Low T or declining T are a drag. I was at 1,100 and now down to 710 (which is a great level) but I feel a lot different (not in a good way) and the body definitely changes somewhat with easier fat gain.
Boards:

8-10 x 31 Egg
8-11 X 32 Double wing Fangtail Tom Whitaker
8-6 X 30 1\2  Inbetweener Tom Whitaker
8-4 x 30 Hyper quad Tom Whitaker (wife's now)
8-4 X 31 1\4.  Round (wide) Diamond Tail Quad Tom Whitaker
 9-4 X 30 1\2. Swallow Stinger Quad Tom Whitaker (ex wifes now)
10-0 Brusurf for teach

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 06:26:21 AM »
today's fad drug, med procedure, etc, is often tomorrow's poison.

i am very reticent to consume anything sold that i dont understand thoroughly, and clearly need.

stuck watching cnbc all day i see all the bogus low t ads and remain highly suspicious of the crap.

i'll second creek--best medicine is life--kick one's self in the ass to get out and live, and the results are usually great.
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2015, 10:15:14 AM »
I tend to think that you shouldn't do testosterone without at least some HGH as well.  The HGH prevents things like pud shrinkage and also the tendency to pull out muscle insertions and weakened ligaments.

I don't know exactly what the power weight lifters used to use, but some clearly got lantern jawed and suffered differential heart valve damages, such as Arney S. That means they used HGH as well as T in their juicing regimens. Kept their bulges nice and round in their briefs, but too much HGH can create all kinds of skeletal, connective tissue and nerve problems on its own if not used in extreme moderation.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

J-Bird

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2015, 11:31:02 AM »
Just curious, where does this testosterone you would put in your body come from?  Is it from a live human, a cadaver, or an animal or is there some other source?  I'm very adverse to putting anything in my body that doesn't belong naturally.

Darryn

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2015, 12:19:37 AM »
I had a few problems, picking fights and racing against everything in sight, it was suggested that even though I had always lived this way perhaps it wasn't normal behavior for a 50 year old.  The missus asked me to go to the doc and ask him to figure out if there was some medical reason.  Against my judgement but to keep the peace I went along to the Doc, turns out, after testing, my testosterone levels were very high, ridiculously high.

The Doc gave me a choice, take some pills to reduce testosterone levels and lay around doing nothing all day or accept that I was very lucky and there was a good reason for my behavior.  Made it much easier to hold back from my first impulse to race or punch and helped me understand that most others don't get those urges.

I have a much better life now, if only I could sleep for more then three hours a night..... ;D

Cheers,
DK
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:21:08 AM by Darryn »

supsurf-tw

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2015, 07:09:45 AM »
I had a few problems, picking fights and racing against everything in sight, it was suggested that even though I had always lived this way perhaps it wasn't normal behavior for a 50 year old.  The missus asked me to go to the doc and ask him to figure out if there was some medical reason.  Against my judgement but to keep the peace I went along to the Doc, turns out, after testing, my testosterone levels were very high, ridiculously high.

The Doc gave me a choice, take some pills to reduce testosterone levels and lay around doing nothing all day or accept that I was very lucky and there was a good reason for my behavior.  Made it much easier to hold back from my first impulse to race or punch and helped me understand that most others don't get those urges.

I have a much better life now, if only I could sleep for more then three hours a night..... ;D

Cheers,
DK
What was the amount?
Boards:

8-10 x 31 Egg
10-0 Brusurf for teach

Darryn

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2015, 02:32:19 PM »
I am tested every year now, 3 years in a row,  1250 seems to be my number, varies up and down by 10. 

I haven't researched what the average is, simply going off what my Doctor tells me. He also told me the best way to deal with it was to use my 21 hours of being awake each day to do physically work until I was completely exhausted.  Turns out he is right :)

cheers,
DK

spookini

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2015, 02:39:19 PM »
Clearly... I'm not a doctor.
I would have just told you to hump everything in sight.
2x.   ;D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:41:17 PM by spookini »
-- My doctor says I suffer from low kook --
Do sharks attack?  Hope not
Do flying fish hate us?  Hells yes

supsurf-tw

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2015, 03:39:47 PM »
I am tested every year now, 3 years in a row,  1250 seems to be my number, varies up and down by 10. 

I haven't researched what the average is, simply going off what my Doctor tells me. He also told me the best way to deal with it was to use my 21 hours of being awake each day to do physically work until I was completely exhausted.  Turns out he is right :)

cheers,
DK
wow 1250 is pretty high. Good for you
Boards:

8-10 x 31 Egg
10-0 Brusurf for teach

freetobeme

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2015, 07:50:00 PM »
Hmm, need to sleep 9-12+ hours nightly. Impossible to get rid of flat tire belly. Energy of a sloth. Recovery of a 80 year old. Cloudy/sluggish mind. I don't drink alcohol. Drink tons of h2o. Never drink soda or eat fast food. My diet is mostly eggs, fish, sweet potatoes and nuts/raisins and coffee.

I'm 39 and I've never had a T test, or a physical in over 10 years, but I'm going to get one.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:07:25 PM by freetobeme »
"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" - George Addair

CoreVac Cannibal BOMB 8'8

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2015, 09:36:18 AM »
tons of thirst/water late in the day can signal diabetes
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

greatdane

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Paddle Surf Northwest
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2015, 07:29:59 AM »
I take 50mg of DHEA, which supposedly promotes the production of testosterone.  Balls haven't shrunk and generally feel pretty good but no scientific method involved, just blind faith.  Along with krill oil, co-q 10 enzyme, calcium magnesium and Hyaluronic acid (for connective tissue) DHEA is one of the five pills I ingest daily at the age of 64
DHEA must work, since its banned by the Olympics, World Anti Doping Agency, NCAA, NFL & NBA.  But a 16 year old can buy it at Rite Aid (-:
Kialoa Paddles
Fibre Glas Fin Co
OnIt! Pro
Monster And Sea Clothing

sterbo

• Malibu Status
  • sailordog...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2015, 03:14:51 PM »
www.muscletalk.co.uk/LGlutamineLArginine-natural-GH-release-m1949291.aspx

The referenced link in the OP's post is expansive. A few posts down is the 'Edit' that specific to HGH.

And then there's Laird's commentary -

www.gabbyandlaird.com/diet-and-nutrition/gain-muscle-lose-fat-stay-young -

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 03:32:40 PM by sterbo »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal