Author Topic: So... Testosterone?  (Read 10579 times)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
So... Testosterone?
« on: February 04, 2015, 08:30:40 AM »
I am a short attention span type, so I didn't finish this ..but it may be worth reading for you who may have thought about it.

http://fusion.net/story/42619/why-testosterone-is-the-drug-of-the-future/

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: So... Testosterone?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 01:43:18 PM »
Don't think it's a great idea, unless you have a true deficiency.  Hormones are incredibly complicated and operate on homeostatic feedback mechanisms.  Take exogenous testosterone, and you short circuit the homeostasis and your body stops making its own and you are essentially dependent on the external drug.  Even in this day and age, medicine doesn't know everything about the symphony of hormonal interactions in your body. Testosterone works in conjunction with other things like growth hormone. There is no true good way to titrate these things. Men also have an extremely variable response to testosterone.  Some are very sensitive to it and produce small amounts, others are less sensitive and produce larger amounts, and individuals have wide genetic variations in their body tissues and responses.  Testosterone is blunderbuss hormone.

Sure, you can always get somebody to prescribe it and sell it for a profit, but unless you are in agony, it is really just better to adapt to your own bodily process of aging as much as possible. There is also uncertainty as to induction of cancers with exogenous treatments.

Many men are surprised that the optimum function of brain neurons is dependent on locally produced estrogen in both men and women.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

supsurf-tw

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 01:52:57 PM »
Test can really screw up more than it helps. Once you start you have to continue as the body figures it doesn't have to make it anymore plus many other issues outlined in the post above.
Boards:

8-10 x 31 Egg
8-11 X 32 Double wing Fangtail Tom Whitaker
8-6 X 30 1\2  Inbetweener Tom Whitaker
8-4 x 30 Hyper quad Tom Whitaker (wife's now)
8-4 X 31 1\4.  Round (wide) Diamond Tail Quad Tom Whitaker
 9-4 X 30 1\2. Swallow Stinger Quad Tom Whitaker (ex wifes now)
10-0 Brusurf for teach

supthecreek

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 01:55:31 PM »
The best drug is life, taken appropriately, it can produce amazing results.

freetobeme

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 02:36:48 PM »
Stay away unless it's necessary. As in required by doctor. I would be all over HGH however if I could afford it!!!
"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" - George Addair

CoreVac Cannibal BOMB 8'8

ctuna

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 10:16:14 PM »
Bill Maher said they were offering it to Him and one of the side effects is
it makes your balls shrink.

spookini

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 11:19:13 AM »

In that case.. for my sake, I sure as hell hope he didn't accept any!!  :o
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:27:52 AM by spookini »
-- My doctor says I suffer from low kook --
Do sharks attack?  Hope not
Do flying fish hate us?  Hells yes

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 11:33:32 AM »
I take 50mg of DHEA, which supposedly promotes the production of testosterone.  Balls haven't shrunk and generally feel pretty good but no scientific method involved, just blind faith.  Along with krill oil, co-q 10 enzyme, calcium magnesium and Hyaluronic acid (for connective tissue) DHEA is one of the five pills I ingest daily at the age of 64

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 06:24:53 PM »
People whose unit has quit on them would kill the last Rhino to get a stiffy. I don't think a little potential for cancer of the necessity to keep taking the pills will stop anyone. Likewise people who want to ski, surf, bike, run or do aerobics until they drop. I still see lots of pimple faced steroid ragers in gyms. Talk about having your balls shrink--those guys either can't find them or they drop off in their skivvies.

The only question most people will ask is "does it work" and then later they'll try to sue when bad shit happens. I smell the Chicago Lawyers lining up to buy Class Action airtime already. It will be a tough case to fight in court since the judges will be thinking "I wonder if I should try this stuff?"

Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

spookini

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 08:31:08 PM »
I don't think you have to take it orally or in roid-rage quantities.  Until the testing improved, pro cyclists would apply testoterone patches to their shoulder/bicep overnight.  Supposedly it would help tremendously w/ overnite muscle recovery.  It's what caused Floyd Landis to be stripped of his 2006 TdF victory. 

It had nothing to do w/ weigh-lifting or trying to 'get ripped' or gain mass.  It was all about recovery.  I read a blog of a pro cyclist who was serving a doping suspension.  He described the effect as being able to wake up next day after intense physical effort, and feeling like he was "18 again".  Aka, invincible, no soreness, no muscle fatigue.. 

If that is the effect, it's not hard to understand the allure.  You're not "juicing", per se.  You're just wanting to feel better and not feel your age.  Who wouldn't want that??
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:37:04 PM by spookini »
-- My doctor says I suffer from low kook --
Do sharks attack?  Hope not
Do flying fish hate us?  Hells yes

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 09:05:51 PM »
I thought that's what the Patriots were for.

sterbo

• Malibu Status
  • sailordog...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 12:29:03 PM »
I've found the consensus out there falls towards the extremes - it's really good or it's really bad.

Like so many things, supplementing with T is mostly neither. If you're someone who is really in tune with your body/mind and you're very good about paying attention to how you feel all the time, then be smart - do your research and if T seems like it something that could really be of benefit then go for it.
But 'go for it' also means go slow and easy, paying serious attention to how you feel and doing so with as much objectivity as possible. If all of the above isn't something you'd likely do, then forget T and go with a different program, of which there are many.

For what it's worth, I've tried both T and HGH supplements on various occasions over the years and always stopped within a few weeks. While I didn't experience any adverse side effects per se, I didn't feel any benefit and definitely felt worse off than I did before using them.

supsurf-tw

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 02:00:07 PM »
  For what it's worth, I've tried both T and HGH supplements on various occasions over the years and always stopped within a few weeks. While I didn't experience any adverse side effects per se, I didn't feel any benefit and definitely felt worse off than I did before using them.
Was that oral supplementation?
Boards:

8-10 x 31 Egg
10-0 Brusurf for teach

sterbo

• Malibu Status
  • sailordog...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 02:55:01 PM »
Yes

supsurf-tw

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 05:31:21 PM »
Yes
Oral supps are tough. They really don't work and the real ones are horrible on the liver. The only real way to boost test is either by injections or patches or gels like Androgel. Either one you should have your bloodwork done consistently to check for problems that they can create (elevated estrogen, etc)
Boards:

8-10 x 31 Egg
10-0 Brusurf for teach

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal