Author Topic: Shark Cam??  (Read 1040 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Shark Cam??
« on: January 30, 2015, 10:22:13 AM »
I was checking out the cam at Kanaha to see what happening and spotted two things in the water over in the channel. At first I thought is might be a prone paddler headed out, but it was too small and kept disappearing for longer than a wave would block the view. Ok, turtle head, no big deal, but it doesn't look like a turtle head, and there's two of them, and I can see swirling in the water of a tail when they move.

The looked like shark fins to me--not bobbing up and down like dolphins, side-to-side movement. Tail swirls in the water. I called Diane over to take a look and she immediately said "holy shit, those are sharks". So I have the expert opinion of the water chicken. It might be days before she'll turn on a faucet.

Here's a screen grab. There were some much better views, but I got what I got.

Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Shark Cam??
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 02:48:28 PM »
Manta ray. I went to Kanaha to surf and folks said they'd seen a huge manta playing around near the surface and showing it's wingtips. I didn't get to see it, but I saw a whale give birth just outside the lineup. Two females were rolling around a few hundred yards outside. Then suddenly there was all this white stuff and foam floating around in the water near them, and one femal came to the surface with the baby across her head.

Very cool. I felt like passing out cigars, but instead I'm going to have a glass of Rosato--a nice sparkling Rose from New Zealand that Costco has for about ten bucks. Complex and tasty. It's not Paul Roget cuvee Winston Churchill, but it's also not three hundred bux.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal