Author Topic: Recording Sessions w/ a GoPro  (Read 19045 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Recording Sessions w/ a GoPro
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2015, 12:26:15 AM »
It's good to hear chit chat over wave sharing... nicely functioning line-up

You need to heckle people more  ;)... you are so quiet. I talk to myself none stop... "go, go, go... oh oh... this may go bed... ah crap, that wave sucked... yada yada"

I'm a total blabbermouth. I have so much fun surfing that I just have to talk about it. Today at Kanaha there were two women that were just way too much fun. A gorgeous longboarder gal who surfed very well but who would look right at home on a runway somewhere (amazing butt), and an amazon blond longboarder who was as fast paddling as anyone I've seen. I think Scandinavian--she was yelling to some other guy in a language with a lot of inverted diphthongs. I was blabbing away at both of them, and finally had to apologize for calling waves at them. I hate it when people do that to me.

I shared a each shower with the Amazon, who was a little taller than me. I'm 6'2". She said "you got a lot of nice waves."

I said "You too."

So I got that going for me.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

supthecreek

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2015, 05:16:35 AM »
Yeppers.... unedited audio can be quite interesting over a 2 hour session  ;)

I have a full on dust up with another SUPer that is all caught on head cam... lots of "expletives deleted" on that gem....

I forgot to mention....when the head mount is used, it picks up everything you say and your breathing through the direct connection to your skull. It doesn't "hear" much else in the waterproof housing, but it doesn't miss anything I'm up to :o
Probably not true with the helmut mount.

Speaking of helmut mounts.... there's always this:

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2015, 05:21:56 AM »
Off-Shore:  The pak looks a bit busy but certainly seems appropriate for your purposes...good concept, however, to quickly flip back and forth from chest to mouth.

PonoBill:  ???  I'm afraid to say that I feel I must invoke "pic's or it didn't happen!".....rather, in this case  Go-Pro video or it didn't happen - I might reco a chest mount angle in this case so as to be more on level with areas of interest!

;D ;D
Jimmy Lewis B&B Flat nose 10'1"
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

supthecreek

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2015, 06:32:31 AM »
Off-Shore:  The pak looks a bit busy but certainly seems appropriate for your purposes...good concept, however, to quickly flip back and forth from chest to mouth.

PonoBill:  ???  I'm afraid to say that I feel I must invoke "pic's or it didn't happen!".....rather, in this case  Go-Pro video or it didn't happen - I might reco a chest mount angle in this case so as to be more on level with areas of interest!

;D ;D

Proper invocation:

spookini

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2015, 07:38:30 AM »
I've never had an each shower w/ an Amazon.  But I'd like to.
I think..  What's an each shower?   8)
-- My doctor says I suffer from low kook --
Do sharks attack?  Hope not
Do flying fish hate us?  Hells yes

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2015, 10:17:52 AM »

Second effort, putting all my shots of my wife's waves on one clip.  I have to remind myself that "no, you don't look like a pro, and yes you're out having fun surfing on January 31 in near 80F air temps with the woman you've been married to for nearly 30 years".  Life could be worse.

I have a chest and headmount on order.  Should be fun to see a different perspective. 

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2015, 10:54:00 AM »
Nice shots. Especially when you hold the paddle up and do an overview of yourself.

supthecreek

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2015, 10:57:36 AM »
Nice surfing with you Slatch & Honey..... thanks, can't wait to see your headmount vids.

and... nothing says I love You like sharing the warm waters of Nuclear outflow ;)

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2015, 11:05:24 AM »
WhatzUP...
this is my version of a Mouth Guard (Floaty clenched in teeth)... after the 5 min mark.

My favorite Quote: "I'm bettin on Creek"

I think this calls for a new Genre of surf videos.  No musical soundtrack.  All talk, grunts, breathing and with an occasional acapella outburst.   I have some content I can whip together.  The objective should be to entertain without Music  8).

Note the time-stamp above.  I just edited the video and will post it below.  Rendering now.  Will upload to Vimeo when it's done (usually takes 45 minutes for non premium members).  That said it can be quick if all you are doing is cutting and splicing from scintillating action rich content  ;D

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:46:37 AM by Beasho »

supthecreek

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2015, 11:41:54 AM »
ha ha.... beasho, I like the way you think. ;D
Can't wait to see (hear) your vids!

I think the banter lets the viewer in on nuance that happens during sport... that and the ocean sounds are all I need to hear.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2015, 11:49:57 AM »
the beash and creek show--prime time! ha
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2015, 12:12:11 PM »
Here is my raw Talking Only Genre Surf Video kick-off. 

This violates many of my video editing tenets which starts with no sh-t footage.  At least I took the highlights. 

I filmed this in response to all you people trying to convince me to leave the land of wetsuits, LGBT sandwiches and silicone wafers for Maui's tropical breezes, traffic causing tourists, pineapples and warm water. 

Here is my plug for the Central California coast.  Typical Ground Hog day.  I show up 7 ft @ 14 seconds and . . . . no one is out.  So I surf for a while and then just have to talk and sing to myself.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 01:00:47 PM by Beasho »

supthecreek

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2015, 01:21:57 PM »
Ha ha...beasho, that was awesome and very entertaining....not to mention I found somebody that sings as poorly as I do :)

The stoke meter is higher with the chatter. If you are alone, talking to yourself is a naturally occurring phenomena.

Stay where you are... I will take my cold water sessions with zero crowds, over the drama of tropical perfection at rush hour.

When you use a "headmount" rig, the cam picks up the sound easily through your skull.
I always talk to the audience (aka "Zoners") as if we are all out there together.

In surfing, the headmount needs to point down and to the side, on flat-water, ideally you want to get a hint of the board and a lot of scenery.
I totally screwed up my "Perfect 10" video by aiming the cam to low, and shortchanged the wonder of the day.

I'll repost that vid here, where someone may actually watch it. The "Flat-water" section seems to be an overlooked  black hole.

sorry.....it opens with 10 sec of music... but there is way too much talking after that ;)

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2015, 01:42:54 PM »
Ha ha...beasho, that was awesome and very entertaining....not to mention I found somebody that sings as poorly as I do :)

The stoke meter is higher with the chatter. If you are alone, talking to yourself is a naturally occurring phenomena.

Stay where you are... I will take my cold water sessions with zero crowds, over the drama of tropical perfection at rush hour.

When you use a "headmount" rig, the cam picks up the sound easily through your skull.
I always talk to the audience (aka "Zoners") as if we are all out there together.

In surfing, the headmount needs to point down and to the side, on flat-water, ideally you want to get a hint of the board and a lot of scenery.
I totally screwed up my "Perfect 10" video by aiming the cam to low, and shortchanged the wonder of the day.

I'll repost that vid here, where someone may actually watch it. The "Flat-water" section seems to be an overlooked  black hole.

sorry.....it opens with 10 sec of music... but there is way too much talking after that ;)

Great vid.. thanks..

Is it just me or is anyone else hearing Big Z from the Surf's Up movie..  ;D

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2015, 02:59:49 PM »
I love it!.....to hell with music overlays..much rather hear the commentary.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
Today at 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard