Author Topic: Asheville NC French Broad river SUP, need fin info  (Read 2976 times)

terrygar

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • SW Florida Art
Asheville NC French Broad river SUP, need fin info
« on: January 30, 2015, 04:46:31 AM »
Hello I'm new and love the SUP experience, this winter I will be in Florida training myself on sup: I have a Naish Air 11 and a Bote Drift air. I want to take them to these rivers near my cabin in Brevard NC and run the rivers, no real rapids. Both boards have removable fins and I need to know if anyone has modified their fins(cut them down) to eliminate drag from shallows, logs and rocks? I will probably be alone in this due to mainly kayakers there. Any info would be great.
I just completed a 50 day straight run of SUP everyday, thanks to Florida in the winter!

TN_SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Asheville NC French Broad river SUP, need fin info
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 01:42:51 PM »
Wow, brevard is awesome! If you haven't already, check the Boatertalk forum SUP section, most users are in the southeast and you may find paddle buddies.
'13 SB Sprint, '15 SIC X-14 ProLite, RH Coastal Cruiser, Think EZE Ski, Kenalu Konihi 84  & Mana

madmax

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Asheville NC French Broad river SUP, need fin info
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 02:07:08 PM »
I have a friend that just did the FB with a big group of SUP'ers.  We had a good run last summer.  I'll be up there all simmer and am on the Nantahala a couple times a week.  There's more paddlers than you think.  And don't forget about the WW Center in Charlotte.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal