Author Topic: 25 knot Downwind Vid using Mouth Mount - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - 2mins  (Read 2551 times)

Off-Shore

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • HksupaHK SUP and Downwinding
One way to ensure there is no talking during the making of a downwind vid  ;), is to use a Mouth Mount for the GoPro.. I've been meaning to do this for a while and by chance our mini-downwind run (1.25mile / 2kms) was cranking yesterday morning so I got a run in before work.

It is interesting to see how it looks compared to a chest mount so here is the result. It's actually a nice POV, a little different from a headmount, and has more vibration than I expected. This vid is before stabilization.

It is hard to breath through these things, so I can't imagine using this on a long run. Something to have at the ready and use sparingly. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else as tried this for downwinding

GoPro 4 Silver Edition + Mouth Mount
SB 9' x 33' x 4.1" - RPC 9'8" iSUP - SB All-Star 12'6" - Blue Planet Bump Rider 14 - SB Ace 14 x 27 - RedAir 14' Elite Race - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - SICMaui F16v3 Custom

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HksupaHk_SUP_and_Downwinding

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 25 knot Downwind Vid using Mouth Mount - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - 2mins
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 12:37:57 AM »
Much better POV IMO..  :)

calinso

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 08:09:41 AM »
Nice video. Can you comment on the board. Both flatwater and downwind? Considering buying the bullet 14twc for coming season .

Off-Shore

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • HksupaHK SUP and Downwinding
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 06:20:44 PM »
Nice video. Can you comment on the board. Both flatwater and downwind? Considering buying the bullet 14twc for coming season .

For the price, the Bullet 14v1 TWC is a great all round board but at 36lbs / 16.3kgs it is heavy and this would be my only complaint. But it is durable. The SIC Bullet 14v2 SCC is much lighter at 28.5lbs / 13kgs and here the v2 is almost USD800 more than the v1. If I could only have one board and I could afford it I'd probably go for the v2. For my v1 I have raced it in the 14' division and did surprisingly well in mixed conditions with a downwind leg. I have paddled it in flat water and it's okay but not nearly as fast as a flat water race board for obvious reasons. I have done a lot of coastal cruising and this is a great board for taking advantage of any conditions that are thrown at it.

This video is the first time I have had it out in strong enough winds to downwind it properly and it's a lot of fun. Compared to my F16v3 though it is harder to get on the plane and falls off it quicker and so for any serious downwinding I'll always take the F16.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 06:24:36 PM by Off-Shore »
SB 9' x 33' x 4.1" - RPC 9'8" iSUP - SB All-Star 12'6" - Blue Planet Bump Rider 14 - SB Ace 14 x 27 - RedAir 14' Elite Race - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - SICMaui F16v3 Custom

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HksupaHk_SUP_and_Downwinding

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal