Author Topic: My just released book  (Read 63326 times)

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My just released book
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 07:00:32 AM »
Also if you want to check out my book website about the book.  Yes and I'll be happy to send signed copies when I get them printed.

http://www.billboyum.com

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 07:03:59 AM »
My father-in-law said he was always more worried about landing, especially at night than on the bombing runs. He flew a dive bomber......kind of puts the landing danger in perspective....flying straight down at a ship that has every gun on it shooting at you is less scary than landing?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:13:35 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 07:12:48 AM »
My father-in-law said he was always more worried about landing, especially at night than on the bombing runs. He flew a dive bomber......kind of puts the landing danger in perspective....flying straight down at a ship that has every gun on it shooting bullets at you is less scary than landing?

And pulling out of that dive with no hydraulic controls. 

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 07:36:58 AM »
I  bought  it, but I'm  in the  middle  of  reading  the  Martian. I just  don't  know  which  to read .

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 08:01:16 AM »
I  bought  it, but I'm  in the  middle  of  reading  the  Martian. I just  don't  know  which  to read .

Thanks.  Well finish the Martian.  It's a page turner.  Thanks to PBill I'm hooked on it. 

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 10:17:23 AM »
Guys, buy this. The stories are pretty mind blowing. Our friend here has seen a few adventures.

Congrats man, now let's get it made into a film.
I couldn't help but thinking the same thing after reading the draft.  Headmount goes from one incredible setting to another, from watching a war break out from a hotel bar with the arms dealers who supplied both sides, to some of the most amazingly scenic spots on earth.  I'd watch the movie just for the locations, even without the story.  Only thing is they may have to cut out some of what actually happened to keep it seeming credible. 

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2015, 02:32:04 PM »
Yup.  My father never talked about his experiences as a dive bomber.  However, I did have a chat with another older gentleman who was a WWII vet maybe 20 years ago who talked about how flimsy the planes were and surviving the landings and takeoffs from the carriers were as hazardous if not more so than being in the air and being shot at.

I don't have a kindle, but a Sony Reader, so if you get your book in ePub or PDF let us know and I will buy a copy.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 02:34:11 PM by SUPcheat »
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2015, 06:43:19 PM »
PDX, that is true. Long about '68 it gets pretty unbelievable. (I think that's Aspen) but the end really got me. I want directions to that island some day Bill.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2015, 07:57:09 PM »
Well did you ever have a pal who every time you hung with him something sketchy might occur?  That was my brother Mike.  It was always scary and exciting at the same time.  I was looking to toe the line like every other kid from that time but it just didn't turn out that way.

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2015, 08:07:03 AM »
I don't have a kindle, but a Sony Reader, so if you get your book in ePub or PDF let us know and I will buy a copy.

SUPcheat, I have the Samsung Nook and I downloaded the Kindle App. I works pretty good and allowed me to read Pono's and Headmount's books. Another option is to download calibre-e-book management ( http://calibre-ebook.com/) which allows you to conver any ebook formate to any other ebook format andshare it with any ebook reader.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2015, 09:01:36 AM »

SUPcheat, I have the Samsung Nook and I downloaded the Kindle App. I works pretty good and allowed me to read Pono's and Headmount's books. Another option is to download calibre-e-book management ( http://calibre-ebook.com/) which allows you to conver any ebook formate to any other ebook format andshare it with any ebook reader.

Tom this is great.  I try to convince (dead tree ala Spookini) print people how great these readers are and realize there are many out there.  The fact that Nook can download Kindle app is fantastic.  Thanks

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2015, 09:04:44 AM »
Another 67 year old dead tree guy wants hardcopy!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2015, 09:08:02 AM »
Another 67 year old dead tree guy wants hardcopy!

I hear the call for print and am working on it.  One option is createspace which I've heard and read is lower quality.  Something like Bookbaby presents many choices on paper and binding.

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 09:58:56 AM »

Thanks, Tom, I'll buy it from Amazon and see if I can convert it.

2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

capobeachboy

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 03:13:21 PM »
Another request for a print copy here Bill.  Looks like a great read. 
West Coast Distributor
Dolphin Surfcraft
DEEP Ocean Boards
Ambassador/team rider/rep
KeNalu Paddles

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal