Author Topic: turmeric tea  (Read 6478 times)

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
turmeric tea
« on: December 13, 2014, 09:13:50 AM »
So many threads on joint problems and obviously ibuprofen has been on the scene but there is a natural alternative that I've been using that works for me. Turmeric tea...

1 inch knob of turmeric, 1 inch knob of ginger, grate or grind them into a cup with warm coconut milk.  Best inflammatory aid I've found.  The recipe I found also used some sweetener but when you start cutting these sweeteners out of your life, even coconut milk starts to seem sweet.  You can also add coconut oil and or ghee (clarified butter).  I like the oil but not the ghee which reminds me of India... uhgg.

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: turmeric tea
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 09:29:33 AM »
Bromelain, alfalfa, and flax seed also really good natural inflammatories!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

supthecreek

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 09:49:48 AM »
I don't like tea, but I use Turmeric powder on everything (good liver for health).... will that help with joints as well?

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 10:03:15 AM »
Most definitely!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 10:21:13 AM »
Okay, where do you get Tumeric? Probably Mana foods, yeah? Shit, I'm even typing that now.  I'll try some hippy stuff, my right wrist is killing me.

I know what caused it--we had a major league infestation of wasps, and I took one of those electrified tennis racket fly-zappers and decreased the population substantially. All my wild swinging flared my wrist up. I have a big calcium cyst on the side of my wrist at the site of an old compound fracture. that plus a tendency for carpal tunnel equals occasional wrist pain. I've been mitigating it when paddling by switching to a connor grip when I paddle on the left.

Hey Big, I assume you meant anti-inflammatories. I inflame without any help from nature.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 10:47:47 AM »
Yep. Major typo. Forgot the anti-matter warp drive. Turmeric is a spice easily obtained even at a mainstream market.
Let it come to you..
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin

covesurfer

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 10:59:20 AM »
My wife has been putting it in her smoothies and has been telling me I should give it a go. After this upper back injury, I am willing.

Gimme a break PB, you fit right in at Mana. Still think you should grow a pony tail for Maui every year. That would be awesome! Change your name to Ponotail Bill.

BTW, the bunnseeker is showing good wind already. Giddie up.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 11:01:52 AM by covesurfer »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 11:21:12 AM »
Yeah, Maui2k sez it'a gonna rock today. The wrist if going to have to take care of itself.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 07:52:31 PM »
I gotta get some turmeric,,,I think everything in me is inflamed.

Hey bro....on the wasp note I have a better way. Get a cheap pump pellet gun and some pelletized lime. We get these nuclear wasps...1.5" long and thick and aggressive as hell. I take them out from 10' away...works well with nests too. Pull up a lawn chair and a cold one, like shooting skeet.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 08:26:00 PM »

Hey bro....on the wasp note I have a better way. Get a cheap pump pellet gun and some pelletized lime. We get these nuclear wasps...1.5" long and thick and aggressive as hell. I take them out from 10' away...works well with nests too. Pull up a lawn chair and a cold one, like shooting skeet.

Also good on wasps is a high powered squirt bottle of hot soapy water.  Kills 'em dead pronto.  I'm a pro cause they really screw me up if they get me.  Get 'em early morning in the nests.  Kill 'em all.

I'd torture them if I could.

covesurfer

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2014, 11:14:08 PM »

Also good on wasps is a high powered squirt bottle of hot soapy water.  Kills 'em dead pronto.  I'm a pro cause they really screw me up if they get me.  Get 'em early morning in the nests.  Kill 'em all.

I'd torture them if I could.

I'm so with you. I was mountain biking near Hood River some years back. While clearing some fallen limbs off the trail, I unknowingly stepped on a nest. Next thing I knew, my ankle was covered and they just kept coming. I jumped on my bike and high tailed back downhill, eventually crashing, my ankle and right hand and wrist still covered and being stung. Probably at least 20 stings, lucky it wasn't worse and that I didn't have an allergic reaction.

I never liked the things but after that, I took great delight in killing their mean motherf-in arses whenever the opportunity presented itself, usually when they were building nests on our house. The ones on the mainland bite and sting both.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2014, 08:21:09 AM »
I found that those wasps have a taste for the fruit of the kousa dogwood I have near my shed. I sat at the front door of it in a lawn chair for 3 hours one day shooting about every 30 seconds.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 11:23:30 AM »
I found that those wasps have a taste for the fruit of the kousa dogwood I have near my shed. I sat at the front door of it in a lawn chair for 3 hours one day shooting about every 30 seconds.

That sounds fun and great practice with moving targets.  Keep up the good work

55NSup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 01:44:27 AM »
Im testing hyaluronic acid,  orally.  Read some clinical tests that says it might work.  available otc.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 02:48:10 PM »
I take HA and still ache.  Raw turmeric works better (I think) but I'm going shotgun theory as joint pain dominates my life.  I started windsurfing in 1979 and was jumping waves at Hookipa on an 18 foot rocket that landed like a thud.  I cringe at the spinal damage I caused myself and now I'm paying for all that stupid stuff I did back then.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
B-Walnut
Today at 10:20:25 AM
foiled again
Today at 07:32:24 AM
B-Walnut