Author Topic: Are you getting new gear for Christmas?  (Read 20815 times)

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
Re: Are you getting new gear for Christmas?
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2014, 05:02:12 PM »
Bulky custom in da house!
Now, I wanna see it under da Christmas tree...;-)
Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2014, 05:06:44 PM »
Nice board to have inder the tree but all I could think was "Does this paint job make my butt look big?"........ ;)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Bulky

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2014, 09:35:48 AM »
Looks great!  Thanks Santawardog!  I'll be in touch shortly.  I'll do my best to not try to get it wet for the 10days between now and Christmas!

Nice board to have inder the tree but all I could think was "Does this paint job make my butt look big?"........ ;)

Notice the chevrons and pin line on the tail all point away from the butt.  Draws the eyes away and has an incredible slimming effect.
Santa Barbara, CA

SIC RS 14x24.5
Infinity Blackfish 14'
Naish Glide 14' (2012)
SupSports Hammer 8'11
Starboard WidePoint 10'5
Ke Nalu Mana, Konihi, Maliko

PabstSUP

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2014, 09:47:05 AM »
SupTheCreek came down from the cape in the form of Santa to bring me my xmas gift a little early this year. His 2013 8'11" x 31" Hobie Raw will be under our tree... really stoked to get a board passed down from the Godfather of the 'Zone. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to take it out yet but will report back and include some video when I do (handy GoPro mount on the nose). I was hoping to take it down to Mexico after Christmas (heading to Punta de Mita) but the board fees from United are ludicrous ($200 each way).
Hobie Raw 8'11
Sunova Flow 8'4"
Sunova Speeed 8'10
SIC Bullet 14' ASS

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2014, 12:17:13 PM »
Looks great!  Thanks Santawardog!  I'll be in touch shortly.  I'll do my best to not try to get it wet for the 10days between now and Christmas!

Notice the chevrons and pin line on the tail all point away from the butt.  Draws the eyes away and has an incredible slimming effect.

A true spanx airbrush effect.

I myself do enjoy the look and feel of a wider tail end. But that's just me.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 12:19:20 PM by southwesterly »

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2014, 12:29:35 PM »
SupTheCreek came down from the cape in the form of Santa to bring me my xmas gift a little early this year. His 2013 8'11" x 31" Hobie Raw will be under our tree... really stoked to get a board passed down from the Godfather of the 'Zone. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to take it out yet but will report back and include some video when I do (handy GoPro mount on the nose). I was hoping to take it down to Mexico after Christmas (heading to Punta de Mita) but the board fees from United are ludicrous ($200 each way).

And the likelihood of damage to your board is high unless you have a bulletproof board case or bag.  American almost destroyed one of my boards going from LAX to Puerta Vallarta for my trip up to Chacala a few years ago.  Didn't pay for a repair either. 
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

Luc Benac

• Teahupoo Status
  • Super Natural British Columbia
    • View Profile
    • When not paddling...
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2014, 07:42:05 PM »
Ok it looks like there might be an Aercor fin under the Christmas tree :-)
Sunova Allwater 14'x25.5" 303L Viento 520
Sunova Torpedo 14'x27" 286L Salish 500
Naish Nalu 11'4" x 30" 180L Andaman 520
Sunova Steeze 10' x 31" 150L
Blackfish Paddles

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2014, 07:55:07 PM »
not unless one of you guys  dresses up in red and drops by or maybe a site sponsor should give a way a board!!!!
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2014, 08:26:18 PM »
Yeah, I got nothing coming from Santa either.  So I will live vicariously by reading about the gear everyone else is getting.  But, being a teacher, I get two weeks off to surf, so that is a giant present in itself.
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2014, 02:34:49 PM »
Just pulled the trigger and ordered a GoPro 4 Silver, head mount and surfboard mount on Amazon.  I teach a video editing class at the school where I work, so I really need one of these.  (Just hope my wife buys that line)
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

1tuberider

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 06:34:35 AM »
Three rifles, two hand cannons and other shooting gear. If only I could find pistol powder which like 22lr is
unobtainable. Anyone know where I can find some trail boss?
Also a kick tail pad so I don't step off the back again. I figured out why I stepped off the back. I had ridden my 9'8 on big waves the day before I stepped off the back of my 8'2. My rifles and cannons only bang my shoulder but doing the splits tore my ham string. Bruised shoulders no problem but torn ham string   no surfing. That is why I am shooting more.
My 6 grandkids I am raising are going to be happy. Lots of gifts for the kids. It is so exciting to share christmas with them and then we pack up some shooting gear and go into the mountains for a day of shooting. They love it and so do I.

Have a merry christmas!

Off-Shore

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • HksupaHK SUP and Downwinding
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 09:03:49 PM »
Just pulled the trigger and ordered a GoPro 4 Silver, head mount and surfboard mount on Amazon.  I teach a video editing class at the school where I work, so I really need one of these.  (Just hope my wife buys that line)

Zooport. I'm secretly hoping for one too to replace my GoPro 1... Like to hear / see how it is works. And now we know you teach video editing, what do you think is the best easy to use video editing software for Mac? I'm using iMovie now and seems to work fine, but ready to upgrade.
SB 9' x 33' x 4.1" - RPC 9'8" iSUP - SB All-Star 12'6" - Blue Planet Bump Rider 14 - SB Ace 14 x 27 - RedAir 14' Elite Race - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - SICMaui F16v3 Custom

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HksupaHk_SUP_and_Downwinding

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2014, 08:29:20 AM »

Zooport. I'm secretly hoping for one too to replace my GoPro 1... Like to hear / see how it is works. And now we know you teach video editing, what do you think is the best easy to use video editing software for Mac? I'm using iMovie now and seems to work fine, but ready to upgrade.

Oops, I should clarify about the class I teach.  I teach Jr. High students how to edit their videos using Windows MovieMaker.  It's an extracurricular thing my school asks me to do.  Pretty low level video editing, so I'm afraid that I'm not the go-to guy for video expertise (Unless you want to know how to use MovieMaker, then I'm big time! :) )  It's easy software, but it does a pretty nice job for casual videos. 

I will certainly post a report on my new GoPro that arrives on Monday. 

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:45:15 AM by Zooport »
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

supsurf-tw

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2014, 04:47:56 PM »
A client got me a new GoPro. I'm so stoked! I'm gonna bore you guys now with shots.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:50:12 PM by supsurf-tw »
Boards:

8-10 x 31 Egg
8-11 X 32 Double wing Fangtail Tom Whitaker
8-6 X 30 1\2  Inbetweener Tom Whitaker
8-4 x 30 Hyper quad Tom Whitaker (wife's now)
8-4 X 31 1\4.  Round (wide) Diamond Tail Quad Tom Whitaker
 9-4 X 30 1\2. Swallow Stinger Quad Tom Whitaker (ex wifes now)
10-0 Brusurf for teach

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2014, 07:38:01 PM »
Wow!  That's one great client.  Is this someone you made a board for?
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal