Author Topic: Merimbula race vid.  (Read 1749 times)

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Merimbula race vid.
« on: December 04, 2014, 05:33:54 AM »

Off-Shore

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • HksupaHK SUP and Downwinding
Re: Merimbula race vid.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 04:38:39 PM »
That looks like a fun day! 
SB 9' x 33' x 4.1" - RPC 9'8" iSUP - SB All-Star 12'6" - Blue Planet Bump Rider 14 - SB Ace 14 x 27 - RedAir 14' Elite Race - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - SICMaui F16v3 Custom

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HksupaHk_SUP_and_Downwinding

greatdane

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Paddle Surf Northwest
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 09:07:09 AM »
I really wish it was summer here.
Kialoa Paddles
Fibre Glas Fin Co
OnIt! Pro
Monster And Sea Clothing

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 02:16:00 AM »
This Merimbula event focuses on fun.. This four man relay race started with the first paddler starting in the inlet (lake).. paddling from the township around the far end of the lake/inlet and out to the Bar beach.. where they tag the second paddler.. They then paddle across the current flowing into the lake.. across the Bar break were people are surfing.. then with a fairly strong tail wind they paddle down to the main beach.. then in through the surf where I was waiting.. I must have drawn the short straw because being the third paddler I had to paddle out though the surf.. (lucky for me I got very small waves) then paddle into the strong 15-20 knot head wind.. Past the surfers.. across the current.. then when hitting the bar beach we had to leave our boards and run up the streps to the Bar Beach Cafe.. Down a short black coffee.. then run down the steps where we tag the forth and last paddler.. They paddle across the current.. through the surfers.. and down to the main beach.. catch a wave in and run up the beach to the finish..  ;D

Off-Shore

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • HksupaHK SUP and Downwinding
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 08:06:32 PM »
This Merimbula event focuses on fun.. This four man relay ..... across the current.. then when hitting the bar beach we had to leave our boards and run up the streps to the Bar Beach Cafe.. Down a short black coffee..

...a short black coffee? It sounds like you'd need a beer or two after all of that ;)
SB 9' x 33' x 4.1" - RPC 9'8" iSUP - SB All-Star 12'6" - Blue Planet Bump Rider 14 - SB Ace 14 x 27 - RedAir 14' Elite Race - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - SICMaui F16v3 Custom

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HksupaHk_SUP_and_Downwinding

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal