Author Topic: Uli Custom Order  (Read 5529 times)

feet

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Uli Custom Order
« on: December 03, 2014, 07:32:49 PM »
I took advantage of their black friday/cyber monday sale and ordered up a 12'6" x 29" x 4.75" thick with 2 fixed fins and one removable centerfin plus the wikirails and a yellow deck pad. 

I have a 9' lopez that I really enjoy, and I'm pumped for my new Uli too.   

Spoke to Meg a few times -- super helpful, knowledgeable and easy going.  So glad to deal with a company like this. 

Pics upon delivery.

marvinhecht

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Uli Custom Order
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 02:21:07 AM »
Nice! Post pics and/or the link! ULI 's are the inflatable SUP's designed by Gerry Lopez-- right?
10"6 x 29" Gerry Lopez Big Darlin Surftech SUP
GL1 and GL2 quads
Hoe Nalu Carbon Paddle (Surfing)
QuickBlade 86 Trifeca Carbon Paddle (Flatwater)

feet

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 02:55:03 AM »
I'm not sure what the relationship is between Uli and Gerry Lopez, but his name is on at least two boards that Uli produces.  Maybe it's like the "Derek Jeter" model baseball bat that simply has a name attached to it?  Or maybe Gerry sat down with the Uli guys and had a hand in designing part of it?  Not sure.

Surftech and Riviera have also produced boards bearing Gerry's name and logo.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 04:54:16 PM »
Gerry has two boards that he designed for them, the rest are right out of good oil' San Diego.

Let's see some pics!!

feet

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 01:39:58 PM »
Finally got around to paddling my Uli 12'6" x 29" - its been a busy winter and spring. 

Was out on glass this past Sunday and board immediately felt stable - no issues there one bit. Once I get back to the tail and sink it, it turns easily.  Tracks straight, as you'd expect.  Pumped to approx 18 psi its quite stiff. I never once thought "oh, i'm on an inflatable..." I was simply free to paddle and enjoy.

I don't have a whole lot to add that hasn't already been said about Uli - they make a fine product and I'm more than happy with my new board. Hopefully I'll be able to get out in more challenging conditions at some point soon. 

I attached some photos of the board in the post paddle rinse down.  It's only pumped to 10 psi in these photos, it didn't make sense to pump it all the way only to deflated it after rinsing it.

Fog City Rider

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 10:39:22 PM »
Looks nice.  What's a custom ULI run these days? 
San Diego, CA
10'0 Naish Nalu Pro (2017 version)
9'0 Pearson Arrow Laird custom
9'3 Pearson Arrow custom (prone)
9'8 Takayama In the Pink (prone)

feet

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 03:01:44 AM »
To customize the size of the Uli, it was an extra $100.  Because of the 20% off black friday sale, this one was $1400 out the door and shipped.  They have sales for July 4 as well, or at least they did last year, I know because I bought a Lopez 9'.  I don't plan on purchasing a third Uli (at this time), but the 7'6" Totem they are introducing soon is quite intriguing.

SrbSup

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 07:53:07 PM »
I have two ULI boards, a 10ft steamroller (great all-round board, can surf, really stable) and the 9ft Lopez (quicker turns but more skittish on rough water and waves).  They are great boards.  Truthfully, once on the wave, all is good compared to an epoxy board, but you do have to work harder to catch the wave.  I live far from waves (canadian prairies) so want a board to travel with, as I hate losing time finding a board to rent, and maybe not finding what I want.  Lets see if this pic from a recent trip to Tofino uploads...

feet

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 02:49:49 AM »
Great shot!

JBinGulfShores

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 06:27:15 PM »
Great Pic!
JB
Amundson 11-6"
Allwave Fanatic 8-10"
Focus 14' Cali
Apparently suffering from PAS (paddleboard acquisition syndrome)

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal