Author Topic: Thanksgiving wave tradition continues......  (Read 2633 times)

supthecreek

Thanksgiving wave tradition continues......
« on: November 27, 2014, 08:12:46 PM »
On the road by 4:45.... in the water by 7:45
Beautiful clean, OH swell pumping in bright sunshine, till 11, then home for family dinner by 2.

My daughters and ex- spent days making a traditional Thanksgiving dinner was 100% Primal.... how awesome is that?  ;D
Ice cream, pies, stuffing... heck, even the turkey was free range.... yowza... plenty thankful for sure!

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Re: Thanksgiving wave tradition continues......
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 11:25:56 AM »
Nice lookin turn, Creek. Guessin' that's your 9'6" Prowave. We had near epic/perfect conditions here in NJ. Passed on the sup though. Woulda been a challenge I wasn't up to. Started out on my 6'6" quad fish and after two hrs grabbed the 9'0" tri fin longboard. Waves were sooo makeable and holding up.

One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 11:46:12 AM »
Cyclops, PDLSFR, free2beme, and myself caught some of the good stuff yesterday at first beach in RI.

I got CRUSHED - oh no Mr bill - caught inside! Fun waves nonetheless!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 09:11:15 PM »
I was SO bummed I missed it. I was all geared up to go Wed. afternoon....had a hall pass until 2:00 in the afternoon on Thanksgiving. So my head exploded Wed night and didn't let up. I was up at 5:00am as I had been planning but only because I hadn't gone to sleep. I tried going out for leftovers on Friday but it was crap.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 10:01:27 PM »
In SoCal, it was warm, glassy and windless; beautiful weather all day.  The only thing missing was surf, and it was pretty much flat.  I went out at River Jetty and had it mostly to myself because the surf was ankle high, managed to catch a few waves that had just enough juice to push me along.  Lame surf but a beautiful day.  Oy vey.

I'd take your cold weather and punchy waves over that. 

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 10:07:17 PM by Zooport »
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 07:32:24 AM »
i caught it in LI--sweet 3 hr dawn patrol--cold, at 30 degree air temp when I paddled out, but great waves, light offshore--back in bklyn by noon--house full of kids, steps, friends, feed--i'd be a dope to complain

i worried that i'd be cold, but was plenty warm
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

addapost

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 04:43:03 PM »
Head high, glassy and EMPTY! Almost two hours around noon. You bet I was thankful.
Bunch of old shit

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 09:50:36 PM »
I had a session from 2:30 until dark the day after Thanksgiving here in North SD County. It was pumping with clean glassy 1' to 2' overhead sets. If you waited until the third wave in the set you got rewarded with a long perfect right. It was crowded with regular surfers but the weird thing is that no one was taking off but me. Except for a guy paddling out once that was in the way, I didn't have to give up even one wave the entire time. It was a memorable sesh for sure that I'm still thinking about.  :)

Did you score the day after Thanksgiving?

In SoCal, it was warm, glassy and windless; beautiful weather all day.  The only thing missing was surf, and it was pretty much flat.  I went out at River Jetty and had it mostly to myself because the surf was ankle high, managed to catch a few waves that had just enough juice to push me along.  Lame surf but a beautiful day.  Oy vey.

I'd take your cold weather and punchy waves over that.
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal