Author Topic: Wanting to purchase my first GoPro Camera.  (Read 1175 times)

surfingmedicman

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Wanting to purchase my first GoPro Camera.
« on: November 22, 2014, 11:01:03 AM »
So I'm finally wanting to get around to buying my first GoPro Camera. Is there a huge difference between the new GoPro 4 vs the GoPro 3+ Black edition. The reason I ask is because Costco has a good deal right now for the GoPro3+ Black edition with 2 extra battery packs and chargers. I'm not planning on wanting to urgrade this anytime soon so if the GoPro4 is way better then I'd rather just purchase that. Also, are the upfront nose mounts that are now on most boards any good or is it better to go with a paddle handle mount or custom grip mount.

Cheers!

Glowmaster

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wanting to purchase my first GoPro Camera.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 11:06:19 AM »
I like the head mount for SUP.  IMHO board mounts don't give a real interesting perspective.

SeaMe

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Wanting to purchase my first GoPro Camera.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 01:48:33 PM »
GoPro previously posted comparison charts on their site, but as of today (11/22) I haven't been able to find one that shows 4 specs vs 3+ specs. I did find an abbreviated chart on a Sony Vegas plugins site:

http://vegasaur.com/gopro-hero4-hero3-comparison

(if an add pops up, just click on the black part and it will go away; don't bother with the "more info" buttons, they're just affiliate links to amazon)

Best mount? Think about the types of shots you want, then figure out what mount will give that to you. Chances are no one mount is going to do everything you want.
“I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.” ― Anaïs Nin
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Fanatic Fly HRS 10'6"
Fanatic Ray HRS BVI 12'0" ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal