Author Topic: ADOBE BAIT AND SWITCH  (Read 5435 times)

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
ADOBE BAIT AND SWITCH
« on: November 18, 2014, 07:00:42 PM »
MAN THIS PISSES ME OFF!!!!  BENN SAVING TO BUY A NEW BOARD BUT  HAD TO BREAKDOWN AND BUY A NEW COMPUTER  27" IMAC  YEAH THE EXACT SAME PRICE AS A  NEW HAMMER! WTF!  OF COURSE THEN IHAVE TO UPGRADE SOFTWARE. AN I DON'T WANT A SUBSCRIPTION THE WAY THAT WORD AND ADOBE ARE GOING THESE DAYS I DON'T SEE THE NEED  TO PAY SOME MEGA COMPANY 11.99 A MONTH TOUSE THERE PRODUCT AND I DONT' LEASE CARS EITHER.    SO I GO TO THE ADOBE SITE LOOK UP ADOBE ACROBAT STANDARD  CLICK ON IT AND WHAT COMES UP  ADOBE ACROBAT XI PRO  FOR  SUBSCRIPTION SO ILOOK AT IT I DON'T NEED HALF WHAT THEY ARE SELLING ME> IDON'T WANT I DON'T NEED  IT I DON'T WANT NO 25LB NESTLES CRUCNH  BARS  I JUST WANT  ADOBE STANDARD FOR A BOUT 180 AS COMPARED TO 440   BUT EVERY TIME I TRY TO FIND STANDARD ACROBAT I GET  ACROBAT PRO  AND GET THIS THEN I GO TO DOWN LOAD IT BUT  IT ALOS STARTS LOADING PHOT SHOP LEMENT 13 AS AN UPGRADE AT MORE  COST,( IJUST BOUGHT 12) AND DON'T NEED THE S--- IN 13  SO ADOBE IF YOU ARE OUT THERE F--- Y---! 
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

hbsteve

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: ADOBE BAIT AND SWITCH
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 07:14:22 PM »
Try going to the App Store, on the Mac.
They do have Adobe for free.  If that isn't exactly what you want, try some different searches in the App Store.  Hopefully, you can find what you want there.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 09:15:33 AM »
Frustrating huh?  You have the same outlook I have.  Online shopping is convenient but they do this kind of stuff that a real person would never try to pull over on you.

spookini

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 09:53:00 AM »
Frustrating huh?  You have the same outlook I have.

You still use Outlook?  8)
-- My doctor says I suffer from low kook --
Do sharks attack?  Hope not
Do flying fish hate us?  Hells yes

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 09:55:12 AM »
On the other hand, with office 365 you get 5 users and Unlimited (yes, no restrictions - crazy) online storage though Onedrive for 99 bucks a year.  Just this year they updated Outlook for Mac with the full blown suite coming later this year and all of the apps on iOS.  No restrictions by OS, etc.  Nadella is quickly erasing Ballmer.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 10:00:18 AM »
Frustrating huh?  You have the same outlook I have.

You still use Outlook?  8)

The word or the app?   i meant POV

I need a translator for what Admin wrote.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 10:15:56 AM »
I need a translator for what Admin wrote.

:)

Worth knowing about, I think.  Microsoft Office is group of popular programs that notably includes Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.  That part you knew.  Microsoft recently switched the suite from a buy it / own it  standard to a subscription service.  Sounds bad at first but really it is quite a value.

First off you can load it on 5 computers (5 different people if you want).   They no longer have to be the same operating system so you can load on Windows and or Mac.  They recently released mobile and tablet versions of the system that are also free to subscribers (and do not count towards your 5 users).

The big one is that they give you onedrive for free.  That is cloud storage and it works amazingly well.  You can literally drag every file off of every device you own into onedrive and access them from any device with a browser.  It also stores a local copy of any/all files on any device that you want.  And the cloud space is unlimited.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:18:32 AM by Admin »

downwinddave

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 10:21:15 AM »
i was in a similar situation this spring, after freaking at the price of adobe products, i picked up a corel product called 'pdf fusion' that does everything my old acrobat 5.0 did, for $40, no subscription bs.  i am pretty happy with it. you might find this useful, depending on what your needs are.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 10:30:44 AM »
PS: 

Paying more that a few bucks for Acrobat does seem high.  I pay $29.95 a month for the entire Adobe collection.  That seems more than fair.

Acrobat Professional
After Effects
Audition
Bridge
Dreamweaver
Edge Animate
Fireworks
Flash Professional
Illustrator
InCopy
InDesign
Lightroom
Muse
Photoshop
Prelude
Premiere Pro
Speed Grade

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 10:59:38 AM »
Before spending $ see if migration assistant works for your new Mac.  We managed to bring over every app from 10.5.8 to 10.8.5 that was important to us - for no cost.  Just may do the trick.  ;)

EDIT - Here is a link for those interested with a newer OS Mac -

http://support.apple.com/en-us/ht5872

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:11:45 AM by Eagle »
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 11:06:12 AM »
Steve Jobs called out Adobe for being lazy programmers.

I'm sticking with Steve. No stinkin Adobe products on my iMac.

iWork all the way baby.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 11:10:24 AM »

I'm sticking with Steve. .

Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, even Premiere now/again.  Defacto (I am guessing even at Apple :)).

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 12:40:21 PM »

I'm sticking with Steve. .

Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, even Premiere now/again.  Defacto (I am guessing even at Apple :)).

Nah, Pixelmator for the anti Adobe people.

SuppaTime

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 01:40:51 PM »

Microsoft wants you to buy subscription but you can still get the non-subscription Office suite. $130 from Costco. We just got it.

I spent many years working for a large Seattle software company and we loved selling subscription software. For us, it was more profitable than selling traditional perpetual licenses. There are many reasons for that but by and large, many people just do not take advantage of the value of subscription.

If you are a basic user of a software product you might be better off with a traditional license. Power users will get more value with subscription licenses. Something to think about, if you have a choice.
Slippahs:
Locals size 13
Reefs size 13
None size 13

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
Adobe was a client of ours for quite a few years.Interesting to work with. they had a strange combination of highly bureaucratic worker bees and Lets get 'er done senior staff. A bit psychotic, but somehow it worked well.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal