Author Topic: CCBC 2015  (Read 50372 times)

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: CCBC 2015
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2015, 01:24:58 PM »
addapost, the fundraising is the easy part !!! Drop me a PM when your signed up and I'll share tips on some ways to exceed the fundraising goal, last year I found it easier than the year before (fundraising not paddling) !! 
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2015, 05:36:53 PM »
We'll be turning everything on shortly.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Chaser

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2015, 06:31:08 AM »
Like Stony said, registration should be up soon.  Shooting for April 1.

I just confirm that the massage crew will be back at the finish line of the CCBC this year waiting for tired and sore paddlers!!!
Whatever floats me

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2015, 09:36:01 AM »
I just confirm that the massage crew will be back at the finish line of the CCBC this year waiting for tired and sore paddlers!!!

Awesome.....except that I probably won't be paddling... >:(
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SeaMe

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2015, 12:18:21 PM »
Shooting for April 1.

April Fool's Day?  :P
“I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.” ― Anaïs Nin
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Fanatic Fly HRS 10'6"
Fanatic Ray HRS BVI 12'0" ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

addapost

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2015, 04:59:56 PM »
addapost, the fundraising is the easy part !!! Drop me a PM when your signed up and I'll share tips on some ways to exceed the fundraising goal, last year I found it easier than the year before (fundraising not paddling) !!
Thanks. Will do!
Bunch of old shit

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2015, 07:15:56 PM »
I'm happy to see you're anxious to get started AP. You'll be surprised how easily it goes if you really let people now what it means. I can also say the people that have expressed to me that they are worried about fund raising....always exceed their goal by a good margin. We've tried to keep the fundraising requirement reasonable and we'll never swipe someones card like some events do. We don't ever want the fundraising requirement to keep someone from joining us on the water. The reason the CCBC has been so successful is because we have peope that ARE concerned and passionate.
Bob

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2015, 07:23:13 PM »
Looks like this will be my year too. I'm really excited to join you guys.
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2015, 06:10:04 PM »
Cool....looking forward to meeting you.
Bob

piece of 8

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2015, 06:39:17 PM »
   As far as fundraising... once you get your fundraising site going, get some business cards printed. ( I usually get them printed up for free by a local company). I have the CCBC logo on it, emailed to me by Chaser, with a "34 mile open ocean crossing to benefit Cristophers Haven" I then list my fundraising page and pass them out freely for a couple of months prior to. Every business that you frequent, every friend  and acquaintance should get a card. A gentle reminder when you see them...oops lost the card? ...here's another one. Many small fundraising bites are just as good as big bites.
   Also, this event is kinda cool in its own way. You could shoot for some coverage in a local paper with an interview and have your fundraising site printed. I did this one year and had people I hadn't seen in years donating. This year I'm going to try a Saturday in front of Market Basket , with Tim C. Damian C., and our boards.
   Good luck and use those sales skills. This is a very sellable purpose and event. Sell your stoke, and it will come to you.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2015, 06:54:17 PM »
Wow. Impressive stuff Piece of 8.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2015, 07:29:32 AM »
Okay, I'm signed up. Now for fundraising and training.

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2015, 06:26:53 PM »
Are there any good videos of the event I could share to my fundraising page and Facebook feed. I saw the YouTube slide show, but I'd love for my friends to see some video of how awesome this even is going to be.

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2015, 07:28:02 AM »
The CCBC is growing nigh and I have a few questions. Nothing earthshaking, but this will help me with me planning.

Is there some sort of “pre-event” meeting on the 21st?
Will there be stops along the way for feeding and jumping in the water (for, ah, cooling off)?
In terms of training, I've been doing 4–5 times a week paddling and cross-training. When should I start tapering off?
Is there a suggested amount of water/food that I should be bringing? I have my own ideas, but you guys have a lot of experience in that sort of thing?

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2015, 06:45:37 PM »
The night before there is a informal meet and greet at the Cabby Shack in Plymouth. We usually pretty much take over the top deck around 6:00 or so for a couple/few hours. It can be a bit chaotic so get any food order in early. A bit of food/fuel and a chance to talk out any pre-crossing butterflies and some liquid carb loading.

We have scheduled stops to help refill hydration packs and you can always call over a boat for any "unscheduled" needs. We suggest as large a hydration pack as you can comfortably carry to start and we can refill as necessary. You'll go through a lot, especially if its a hot day. For eating, we've had everything from lobsters to Piece of 8's floating fruit market. I like bananas and PB and J's myself. I usually charge up in the morning with a few Kind bars and eat a little more at each stop. Two good sandwiches and a few bananas is what I do. I've also packed some gels for energy if I'm dragging.

Sounds like you'll be ready, what kind of mileage are you doing? I'd suggest that you do a couple of long runs in the next couple of weeks. Push through a hard 20 mile paddle or so two weeks before. If you can do that your likely good to go........conditions can change everything though so make sure you do it in something that challenges if possible. Two weeks out just keep yourself loose with some nice cruising paddles and avoid doing thing that might lead to injury. Start getting hydrated one week out. Always better to be over prepared. We've had years it was easy and some grueling.
Bob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal