Author Topic: advice needed - replacing my Naish Hokua 9.10 GT 2014  (Read 10987 times)

mosheva

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: advice needed - replacing my Naish Hokua 9.10 GT 2014
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 09:50:06 AM »
there are both a Chinese and Thai manufactures both are Naish both the Chinese one you can get for cheaper than the Thai ones...

I know it because i suspected that mine was also from China although it has a sticker made in Thailand but it is just a sticker the store can change it...

what color are the fins? bamboo?   

firesurf

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 12:16:01 PM »
2014 huh?   I've got a 2013 9.5 Hokua. It's got a sticker on it made in Thailand.
I've ridden the board maybe a dozen times in chest to head high surf. Already had some damage repaired on the nose, and somehow just got a 2" crack just below the rail from when I surfed the Gonzalo swell. Squirted some sun care on that one. Both times didn't really know how the board was damaged just noticed it later. Figured most likely it was damaged hitting sand bottom in close to the beach. Now I'm wondering if the naish construction is inferior to some of the other pop out boards I've had, (starboard, JP Australia, surftech, Fanatic, C4)  or is it just a coincidence that the naish is the board taking the bad hit.  The other brands have taken similar end of the leash beatings without any structural damage. Of course all it takes is a bad hit on the bottom to crack or damage a board.  As for chipping they all do it that's why I use the Rail Saver pro.  Other than the possible durability issues, the board is easy to surf and so far has handled everything I've been in.  For me it's a keeper!

firesurf

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 12:36:36 PM »
May as well keep it...   it's worth maybe half of what a new one costs.
Investment is in fun! not resale value...

Caribsurf

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 01:14:37 PM »
my Hokua X32 cost me less than $500  got a team rider deal and traded in 2 older sups  i hadn't ridden in ages and one which I got for free so it wasn't much out of pocket.

Maybe the Hokua X32 LE are made in China because they are "Limited Edition"?  I sent Naish 2 e-mails asking about this and haven't had a reply.

I have had other SUPs (Starboard, Coreban) and windsurfers from Cobra factory  and all were really durable.  I have seen other Naish and the construction and finish look and feel better than this Hokua X32

Hobie Raw 8'10"
Jimmy Lewis Kwad 8'7"
Naish Hover 95 liter 5'7"
F-One Rocket foil board 5'5" 90 liters
Fanatic Aero 1250, 1500, 1750 HA foils
CabrinhaMantis 3.5, 4m 5m. F-One Strike 7m CWC
Hobie 14' race board

firesurf

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 03:02:16 PM »
Caribsurf, sounds like a sweet deal. Really too bad you don't like it. 
IMO @ retail  Naish is overpriced. SB too for that matter. Picked up the Hokua on a trade too.
Been there... The board I traded in for the Hokua was a 2013 candy 8'10 SB widepoint. Picked it up in an end of the year sale. Anyway, just did not like the SB WP at all. Got lucky to find the trade for the Hokua.

mosheva

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 06:01:37 PM »
My old board was a no-name brand imported from china, 10.2 heavy as hell but very durable, it felt few times from knee high on concrete and nothing happened not something I can say about my Hokua...

I have sent also email to Naish - no response, then I tried Facebook chat and they answered that they are very sorry for my bad experience and that they will contact my local dealer to contact me and sort it out.

my local dealer told me that there is might be a production line damaged he saw few of those on the 2014 models, than he offered me to add 2/7 of the price of a new GT construction board and to take which ever board I like (2015 or 2014).

I have to say that Naish in my country (as well as starboard and fanatic) are very very expensive...

I mainly see Starboard or Fanatic in the water since Naish is the most expensive of the three...

This is way I don't know if I want to pay extra for a company which failed me once or to take a used board but 2013 model, which I don't know the board history and no warranty.

which on GS or GT are consider to be more durable, I know that the GT is the better one but maybe it's less durable?   

mosheva

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2014, 01:21:08 AM »
Hi Guys,

Have tired out the Star-Board 2012 8'2" / 32 / 130L wide point and the 7'8" / 32 / 120L
I'm about 95kb 1.85M tall, and both of the board float when I tried them out, I have tried them on flat water no waves just very calm and flat water.

The guy at the store told me that because of physical diminutions he recommends on the 8'2".

Does any one have the 7'8" board? I would like to know if it will be impossible for me on a surfing day conditions, anther question, compering to my current Hokua 9'10" the Star-Board nose is less pointy than my Hokua or the Hokua X32, how does it handle with passing the white water on the return?

Thanks,
Moshe.   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal