Author Topic: Stop crying.  (Read 12578 times)

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Stop crying.
« on: October 22, 2014, 07:59:33 PM »
Not so gentle re-direct here.

I don't know how anyone else feels but I'm not reading another conflict thread. No sense filling the internet, and world, with this stuff.

It makes SUS'ers look like toddlers.

Join a quilting club or throw tea parties or something but this has got to stop. The Zone reads like teenage gossip right now. I personally don't care what some douche in Orange County said or did. Note that this has nothing to do with restricted access, HPWA etc. We're seeing threads about people looking at people weird! Projection, look it up.

New topic suggestions: good sessions, shapes, fins, techniques, trips, pics, stoke, boards, how badass Gerry Lopez is, etc.

I love this forum, and all you guys.

Let's all man the f up.

That is all.

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stop crying.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 09:15:32 PM »
lol
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

The Kernel

• Sunset Status
  • Dana Point, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 09:52:06 PM »
...New topic suggestions: ...shapes, fins, techniques, trips, pics, stoke, boards, how badass Gerry Lopez is, etc.

Some might point out that a discussion on shapes is already covered in the "Hot chicks on a standup paddleboard" thread....
Kernel:  Cutting through the bull**it.
"This is the kernel of the argument."

Over 50, but usually pushing it like I'm 25 and paying for it later.

8'0 L41 Simsup
9'2" T. Patterson Rising Sun
9'2" Riviera Nugg Turbo Carbon
10' Riviera Machete

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 10:05:25 PM »
As much as I hate sexism and objectification, I'll take it over whining.

For the record, there are some serious badasses on this forum too. We should talk about them more. I miss the big wave nuts and the guys who rode like 21" wide 4' long boards, just to see if they could, not because it's a great idea.

Let's see if we get some of that back on here. I've seen a lot of forums die. They need "adherence to the un-enforceable" by the members... Just like a line up.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 10:10:55 PM »
Yeah where's Beasho?  Always dig his line.

KiwiSupGreg

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 10:46:38 PM »
So this one time...at band camp.....

SaMoSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 11:24:23 PM »
Funny whenever I see the words "stink eye" on one of these conflict threads makes me wonder if it's actually just people squinting from the glare or something.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 11:28:19 PM »
Yay! 

Yup, pull up you big boy panties and go catch some waves. When it big an gnarley theres no stinkeye. Just people who are glad to see some other idiot out.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 12:44:11 AM »
Thank you surfcowboy. I was about to say the same thing, but you have expressed it far better than I would have done.

These experiences are regrettable but trivial in the scheme of things. If a crime was committed then report it to the police not to an internet forum. Otherwise either ignore it, man up, or go somewhere else. Being "a whiny little bitch" as Dave Kakama said (in entirely different context) is the least useful thing you can do, and can run the risk of making other people over-sensitive to potential conflict, which can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

NEplay

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 05:57:14 AM »
I am a girl but I hear ya bro.
New England Is My Playground

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 06:48:46 AM »
Hadn't noticed it until you said it but you're right....far more posts dealing with it lately. Definite downer...lots more fun talking good story than bad.

I'd also love to see some of the core crew come back. Content here just ain't the same without them.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

lopezwill

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 07:08:33 AM »
Surfcowboy

I'm onboard!  I'm taking up my sup and surfing it wherever…always trying to find the good in the session and spreading the stoke!

What happened to Beasho?

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 07:29:39 AM »
Area10,

I totally agree with you here I've seen the oversensitivity here push good riders out of the surf because they want to avoid a "possible" conflict.
Yeah I've had my share of conflicts in the lineup (maybe more than my share) but other than (in the context of ain't that a funny story) a story among friends THESE WILL NEVER KEEP ME OUT OF THE LINEUP ON WHATEVER CRAFT I CHOOSE TO RIDE.

Let's all agree to end it here for the good of the sport

JimK

madmax

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 07:36:10 AM »
Titus got in my face and yelled at me on my first trip to the islands for walking on the reef.  Can I whine about that?

He's kinda scary when he's mad.

Waaaaaah!

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 07:59:50 AM »

What happened to Beasho?

I think he's just fine but busy working. He helped me out with a trip to California in June just before his migration east for the summer.  Maybe when mavericks wakes up.

I haven't had any confrontations in a long time.  Ignoring anyone not smiling and keeping a positive stoke going I just surf.  Anything too negative and I react opposite to the laws of physics and just let myself get pushed to the next peak where I surf merrily further.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal