Author Topic: Beating a dead horse  (Read 18181 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Beating a dead horse
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2014, 02:10:15 PM »
 ::)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2014, 08:52:43 AM »
Damn! I am getting old....my wife and I went out Sat. night with my daughters and a bunch of their friends to celebrate my oldests birthday. We brought the funk! I danced hard and long...2.5 hours non-stop....and then was a damn cripple Sunday. I'm glad there wasn't any swell...I could not have gone.... :(
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:54:17 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2014, 08:56:24 AM »
I've seen you dance--no surprise. Dancing is one more of those things that make me wonder how much behavior is genetic--we both love to dance hard and crazy, and we both do it way too long. It's certainly not learned, other than smoking a little dope together at the rare family get together (since I left home at 19, when Bob was 6, I've always lived on the west coast, Bob on the east) we never spent any time together until the last ten years--I think the first time I saw you dancing it was at the Challenge on the Charles. I did the same thing at Nikki Li's wedding. I needed a cortisone shot in my knee after that to get me rolling again.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:02:36 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2014, 11:01:04 AM »
Genetics definitely has something to do with it. I think we must have gotten it from Dad....he always brought it...not sure what it was but he brought it..... ;)
Both of the girls are insanely good dancers....jury is still out on Aria...she loves to dance but may be cursed with Dads sense of rythym.... :-\
Bob

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2014, 01:41:54 PM »
I'd be introduced to "Masseur Rousseau".  Not surprisingly--probably due to this respect--it seemed like almost every man I met there was a masseur.

I'd have to be a masseur-chist to laugh at that one.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2014, 03:53:19 PM »
I'd be introduced to "Masseur Rousseau".  Not surprisingly--probably due to this respect--it seemed like almost every man I met there was a masseur.

I'd have to be a masseur-chist to laugh at that one.
Or a massageanist.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2014, 06:33:28 PM »
This thing is top of the list priority now. I haven't been on the water for awhile now. I don't have the strength in my left hand for paddling, certainly not in anything less than perfect conditions, pain has gotten worse too. The right has followed along...pins and needles from armpit to fingertips and getting more frequent and intense.  Went to the doc 1st....I want to get an MRI of this before anyone starts manipulating or I do something wrong. I have to go through a treatment effort before they'll order an MRI so just got off a week of steroids. NADA....gotten worse if anything. Going back Wednesday. This is going to suck! Fingers crossed  (at least I think they are since they're numb). I have to admit this is scaring me a bit...I didn't worry about the brain tumor as much as this. The thought of this affecting my ability to get out there is worrisome. I still definitely need this as balance therapy beyond the joy it has brought to my life. I'm already seeing the effects of not paddling.
Bob

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2014, 07:01:05 PM »
Hope you get better soon stoneaxe.
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

SeaMe

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2014, 07:15:23 PM »
My current opinion of the medical community is not to be repeated in polite company, but I hope they can get to the bottom of your issue(s) soon, and get you firmly on the road to recovery. Sending you good wishes for improved health in 2015!

“I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.” ― Anaïs Nin
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Fanatic Fly HRS 10'6"
Fanatic Ray HRS BVI 12'0" ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

supthecreek

« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2014, 08:56:41 PM »
Jeeze Bobby... what the heck?!?

I didn't know you were dealing with that.... if you need any help getting anywhere or doing something, PLEASE let me know.
I'm always available, so don't worry about my "schedule"... I don't have one.

Think good thoughts.... the mind is a powerful healer.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2014, 04:30:23 AM »
wow---stay tough, man---sorry to hear

i don't pray, but believed in positive human energy--so take some from me
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2014, 05:37:20 AM »
This thing is top of the list priority now. I haven't been on the water for awhile now. I don't have the strength in my left hand for paddling, certainly not in anything less than perfect conditions, pain has gotten worse too. The right has followed along...pins and needles from armpit to fingertips and getting more frequent and intense.  Went to the doc 1st....I want to get an MRI of this before anyone starts manipulating or I do something wrong. I have to go through a treatment effort before they'll order an MRI so just got off a week of steroids. NADA....gotten worse if anything. Going back Wednesday. This is going to suck! Fingers crossed  (at least I think they are since they're numb). I have to admit this is scaring me a bit...I didn't worry about the brain tumor as much as this. The thought of this affecting my ability to get out there is worrisome. I still definitely need this as balance therapy beyond the joy it has brought to my life. I'm already seeing the effects of not paddling.

Not good Stoney.. Hope things improve soon..

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2014, 05:57:17 AM »
Stoney, that is sad news. I hope you get this figured out and recover well and soon.
Yes, think good thoughts.......

1tuberider

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2014, 06:14:46 AM »
Stoney its tough to go thru. I was in a motorcycle accident that left me in similar condition.

My cure was pt and chiropractic care. The knife was being recommended but fortunately the chiro got me going again.
Today no pins and needles.

This was what worked for me. Listen to your brothers advice he is so right about many things and especially this. See a chiropractor. Your treatment should include traction, adjustment, ultrasound and ice. When I started the traction it was so bad I would tear but it gets better. I felt like someone beat me with a baseball bat between the shoulder blades. The vertebrae was crushing the nerves and when it was lifted thru traction the release caused the nerve to swell more which caused more pain but with time it resolves.
I also had shoulder issues by being slammed off a truck during the accident. Shoulder issues take longer to cure as it is such a tight area.I had three injections that gave me relief for three months at a time. The last one lasted long enough that it worked and I was able to resume normal surfing without pain.

Keep your chin up. Be aggressive about your remedy. Start it today because it won't go away on its own for a long time.

Getting old sucks. I have not surfed except 3 times in the last two months. When I did the splits I tore my ham string and it takes a long time to heal. I screwed up and surfed and had the pop noise three times which set me back to day one. I hate time outs but this one has me waiting because if I do more popping I may never get my legs back. The other day I was trimming a tree and a big limb took me out. I fell 8 feet as I went over the top of the ladder and now have another shoulder injury. Years ago I tore up my cartilage in my knee only to resolve for 30 years and then to get blown out again on the bigger sups. Of course my lower back is a problem and I hurt all the time.  I can't wait to surf again and may try later this month on a smaller day.

Sometimes just being big is a problem. Reach into yourself and make that bigness help you get better. You can do it.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2014, 08:39:14 AM »
Wishing a speedy recovery for you Stoney!

* Recent Posts

post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
foiled again
April 24, 2024, 08:00:16 PM
post Re: Sunova Ghost 8'10 SUP
[Classifieds]
kliss99
April 24, 2024, 05:01:39 AM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
PonoBill