Author Topic: GIGANTES!  (Read 2256 times)

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
GIGANTES!
« on: October 01, 2014, 08:45:04 PM »
WOW!
We're in!
I wonder if I should be following the water thread more closely

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: GIGANTES!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 02:44:14 PM »
Don't follow sports much but have always liked the Giants ever since reading about Willie Mays as a kid. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dK6zPbkFnE

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 04:37:58 AM »
The Giants, and I guess baseball too, are my first love and my every day companion for half the year. They show up when the days start getting longer and the world of winter is disappearing. Not sure how they will fare in the playoffs but they have had a pretty special team chemistry the last 4-5 years. The idea of a one game playoff the other day was nerve wracking and I was enjoying some beverages the other night when I made the post which is why I referenced the water thread. Not lots but enough to notice, and make a post for sure. Willie was my first "favorite player" and I got to see him play. I still remember their line up when I first started following and I would fall asleep as a kid with my transistor radio on. Before internet I would search out far away radio stations at night to follow them. Even another game if I they weren't on. Some of that magic they made from my childhood still exists I think.

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 04:59:12 PM »
WOW!
IR GIGANTES!!!

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 04:08:44 PM »
I'm an old Angel fan, so I generically rooted for the Giants based solely on geography.  However...

Mad Bum turned in a performance that is perhaps unequalled at pitcher for the series.  Just to watch was a thrill.  I've never seen an MVP so easy to pick.  It's just hard to believe my son is older than he is, and he has all that time in the WS under his belt.

See you in '16.

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 07:50:23 PM »
I'm an old Angel fan, so I generically rooted for the Giants based solely on geography.  However...

Mad Bum turned in a performance that is perhaps unequalled at pitcher for the series.  Just to watch was a thrill.  I've never seen an MVP so easy to pick.  It's just hard to believe my son is older than he is, and he has all that time in the WS under his belt.

See you in '16.
This was hanging off my car for about a week and a half twelve years ago. He now hangs from the same noose from the rafters in my garage. And those damn thunder stick things........ :)
I can still get upset thinking about Dusty pulling Ortiz when he did that night the wheels fell off. Yes, the Angels had storied tough luck before.....and guys like Fregosi, Ryan, even Freddie Lynn and Rod Carew.......
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:22:08 PM by lucabrasi »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal