Author Topic: Rack for a bare roof vehicle (ie: no factory racks)  (Read 5756 times)

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Rack for a bare roof vehicle (ie: no factory racks)
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 01:00:54 PM »
Robert, when is your "How to put a board on a moped using one arm during a hurricane, while eating curry, and singing Sinatra" video coming out?  ;)

Once again, nice job.  6000 views, wow!  That is still a couple fewer than actually need to see them! 

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 02:09:56 AM »
Robert, when is your "How to put a board on a moped using one arm during a hurricane, while eating curry, and singing Sinatra" video coming out?  ;)

Once again, nice job.  6000 views, wow!  That is still a couple fewer than actually need to see them!

Haha, ok, I'll work on that video when I'm done with the current video project titled:

Traveling with unlimited race boards:  How to take your board on the plane as carry on luggage and safely strap it to the overhead bins
Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

oakfish

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 10:36:26 AM »
I know I'm a little late to the party, but I have a quick idea for you to try.  Try placing the board on top of your car in different orientations.  I know everyone has there own preferred orientation (fins down/up; fins forward/backward) but mine was nose forward, pointed down.  More often than not, it was pretty loud at highway speeds.  When I placed the fins forward and up, it went away.  I think what was happening was that wind was hitting the nose of my board, pushing it down toward the roof of the car.  I think this put some slack in the line since the board was resting on squishy pads.  With the tail forward, there is less rocker for the wind to catch.  If you put the nose pointing up, you may get the opposite effect.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal