Author Topic: Started out small, then got bigger  (Read 4741 times)

supthecreek

Started out small, then got bigger
« on: September 22, 2014, 10:16:38 PM »
Cape Cod was firing again today. Arrived a dawn. Parking almost full. I took a few shots before my session then hit the water for 4 hours.
The wind and rip really got going, so I paddled down the beach to a really nice peak. I came in when I could barely stand anymore.
I started out on my newly repaired 8'11 RAW... but I was surprised to find out that I was soon switching to my Prowave.... it ripped those waves ;D
Weed showed up towards the end and got some nice shots out front. The surf shots are all by Weed.

The last few shots are distant shots of the break I surfed.

When I came in, there was almost no one left in the lineup.... the conditions wore everyone out by 10 am.

Free2Bme showed up and went out alone. The wind was howling but he got some good waves.... I got a few shots of his solo session.

NEsurfSUP

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Re: Started out small, then got bigger
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 04:37:07 AM »
Thanks for always taking the time to take and post images......amazing commitment and aloha given your self-confessed "surf bum" status ;).  As I missed a lot of the swells this summer, I got a couple of the best rides I have gotten since last winter.  Great session.  Thanks for posting.
One piece "electric" Creek 9'4"
Two piece Sunova Creek 9'4"
CoreVac Cannibal Blade 8'8
Angulo surfa 9'8
Naish Mana 10'
Red Sport 11'
2014 Naish Glide 14'
Werner nitro
Black project three part paddle

freetobeme

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 06:24:08 AM »
Good stuff STC! I may have been late to the party but still caught a good buzz. :D

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" - George Addair

CoreVac Cannibal BOMB 8'8

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 07:20:04 AM »
Be careful on those sandbars you guys..  besides the two dead from Edouard, I just heard about a 32/34yr old proner pulled out the shorebreak on the last day of his vacation the week before with spinal fractures around C4/C5.  One of my employee's nephew EMTs with an ambulance service that runs people up to John Hopkins, University Hosp, etc.  They intubated and loaded him with Propofol for the two hour run. 

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

supthecreek

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 10:53:28 AM »
Thanks NEsS... "Weed" took the action shots ... I took the before & after fluff pieces ;D .... here's one of YOU  ;D

Wetstuff.... it's always a part of what we do.... I had a few close calls yesterday... more than most.... just gotta know when to duck & cover (plus be lucky)

Here's a few more of Weeds action shots

Ake G

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 11:04:42 AM »
Great shots, Creek as always thanks for posting!

Been Great! up here as well...just beat from another sweet AM session.

Let me know where you're going to be this coming weekend

NEsurfSUP

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 11:09:33 AM »
Wetstuff....agree, and thanks for the sandbar "heads up", but this isn't the Wedge, Escondido or Teahupoo, so with bigger waves we are probably actually less likely to hit the bottom (i.e. breaking in deeper water), then fooling around on a small, closeout day. 

Creek, thanks for the thought, but that is the wrong Angulo.....mine is red.  Maybe switching my avatar from my sailboat to another Weed photo (June 2nd swell.....the last big one for me before the summer), threw you off.....or maybe Wetstuff was right and you did hit your head ;)
One piece "electric" Creek 9'4"
Two piece Sunova Creek 9'4"
CoreVac Cannibal Blade 8'8
Angulo surfa 9'8
Naish Mana 10'
Red Sport 11'
2014 Naish Glide 14'
Werner nitro
Black project three part paddle

Caribsurf

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 01:21:51 PM »
nice photos as always Creek, looks like it was off the charts on the Cape.

it was pretty amazing how quickly that swell came up yesterday.  waist to waaaaay over head set waves in 3 hrs in Maine.

it went away almost as quickly unfortunately…

Hobie Raw 8'10"
Jimmy Lewis Kwad 8'7"
Naish Hover 95 liter 5'7"
F-One Rocket foil board 5'5" 90 liters
Fanatic Aero 1250, 1500, 1750 HA foils
CabrinhaMantis 3.5, 4m 5m. F-One Strike 7m CWC
Hobie 14' race board

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 01:28:40 PM »
Great pics...love the one of Marc getting shacked. You gotta love watching him surf...makes it look so damn easy. Rippin with style.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 01:54:04 PM »
I see that we on the west coast don't have a corner on the market for good surf. 
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 02:04:02 PM »
Ripping there....those waves look fierce.

lopezwill

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 08:56:22 PM »

Beautiful photos STC!

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 08:15:52 AM »
Boardshorts and great waves on the east coast!  Lord knows you guys deserve it for braving the winter with snow on the sand and 10-14 mil thick wetsuits.   ;)  Awesome shots Creek.  Love the one greenroom lip duck. 

capecodsup

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 12:27:00 PM »
Thanks to supthecreek as always for the photos. Got me taking off with my blue 9'-8" Angulo on a right.  This session was about as good as it gets.  I stayed for about 3 hours till I was beat then went to work sitting in a nice comfortable chair to lick my wounds for the day, with a smile on my face the whole time.   

There is a great channel at Coast Guard that makes for a fast steep left on one side and a easy entry long right (generally lazy) that mellows out after 75 -100 yards or so and allows you to head back out without getting wet.  Good for when you're trying to stick with the board shorts as long as possible.  This break is full of the friendly 50 + SUP crowd and there are always plenty of waves for everyone.   

supthecreek

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 02:38:02 PM »
Opps.... Zoner names twisted around..... ok.... so - NEsurfSUP pic is really capecodsup.... and....
If you guys quit your day jobs and posted a bit more on the Zone... I might be able to keep you all sorted out!

at any rate.... sorry boys
ok here you are whaleman

the REAL NEsurfSUP on his red Angulo  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal