Author Topic: SIC F14  (Read 5399 times)

Lakeshore1

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
SIC F14
« on: September 21, 2014, 06:00:21 AM »
Hey all, i have been paddling my F14 for a while now, thought i should post a little review of it.
So, i don't live in a great downwind area, but if you don't mind some slightly messy conditions there is a LOT of fun to be had. I paddled the F14 in mostly flat conditions the first few times out. Initially, i thought the board was "tippy" at 30" wide, but i think that was because i had assumed that a 30" wide board would be like standing on land compared to my 14' Zeedonk. After a day or two on the board, my opinion on its stability had changed. The board is very stable, especially in side chop. I had the good fortune to have 3 downwinders in a 7 day period here on Lake Michigan.  They ranged from a 6 mile run and two 9 mile runs. Conditions were basically 4-7' with wind chop. The wind was blowing about 25mph. First few minutes were tense as i fell a lot getting used to the conditions and the board. Once i got comfortable, i began to really enjoy the board, a few miles in and i was catching glides like i never imagined i would. Sometimes, the F14 felt like it would just "take off" and I'd fall right off the back. As i got used to it, the feeling of the acceleration and glide was intoxicating. I know i made the right decision with this board.
I have had several good flat water downwinders too. Yesterday was one of them. The wind was sustained at about 17-19mph and gusts to 23 or so. Waves were 12" to 18" or so. Inspite of that, i had a blast on the F14,  the board just wants to GO. I couldn't get over the way it glides in such mild waves,  i thought my 14' Zeedonk would glide well in these conditions,  but the SIC is far better.

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: SIC F14
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 02:05:05 PM »
Nice write up and beautiful board.

Lakeshore1

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 10:55:37 AM »
Well, i had another GREAT  downwinder on Friday night. 25mph wind and 2-3 foot waves. I CAN NOT get over how this board glides. It's almost ridiculous! I went with a friend who has a 12'6" Bullet... we were paddling along side each other most of the 6.6 miles, just laughing like a couple school kids as we were gliding along... just amazing!

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 01:20:24 PM »
That thing is a beast and can handle most anything.  Sweet ride.

8)
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

Lakeshore1

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 06:07:51 PM »
That thing is a beast and can handle most anything.  Sweet ride.

8)

Thanks Eagle. I am hoping to sell my 14' 404 Zeedonk Green Label so i can buy a second F14 for my son, so we can chase some of the summer winds together. :)

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 07:34:45 PM »
Awesome .....

The Bullet 12 - Bullet 14v2 - and F14 all have that fantastic new lower profile rocker line.  SIC is THE board for big downwind - fast stable easy - a real treat.

PS - do not try the F16 with steering in heavy wind ;D

8)

EDIT - here's a photo of the 14v2 with the dominator and touring carbon to the side

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 07:58:01 PM by Eagle »
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal