Author Topic: Launch / access in Bend Oregon  (Read 10602 times)

Bycyclist

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Launch / access in Bend Oregon
« on: September 19, 2014, 09:30:52 AM »
I'm on the road right now heading up to Bend to mountain bike a couple days but also brought my inflatable starboard to get in a couple of paddles.

Any suggested launch points? I've only previously launched from that park just south of old mills I think (riverbend park?).

Any other points along the river further north or is that the "best" place? Needs to be close to town.

Staying about 1/2 mile from COGs wild bike shop.

Fanman

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Launch / access in Bend Oregon
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 10:20:30 AM »
Between Bend and Sunriver there are places where fisherman and kayaks go. Also a littler North of town there is another park with restrooms and covered gazebos with a small sandy beach for launching. It's just before the bridge that crosses over the river and south of the mild Rapids!

Bycyclist

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 05:59:41 PM »
Ended up going SUP every day after a couple of hours of mountain biking so was just nice and easy to launch and mellow out from riverbend.

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Launch / access in Bend Oregon
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 08:02:33 PM »
That sounds like an awesome trip/vacation.  Mountain biking and SUPing are my two favorite sports.  Ride some good trails up there?  Got any vid?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:04:15 PM by Zooport »
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

Bycyclist

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 08:25:30 PM »
Rode awesome trails. Day 1 SUP only. Day 2 Mrazek all the way up then back down - 31 miles, followed by late afternoon SUP. Day 3 shuttled up to swampy then rode swampy trails, ridge to sector 16, upper whoops, stormking, grand slam, bens, KGB, Kent's - 32 miles. Then SUP in afternoon. Day 3 trail run up and back Tumelo Falls Trails.  Plenty of photos, good times, couple of vid snips nothing too exciting. This is an annual trip for me, but now I'll bring my ISUPs as well. Surprised how many people were asking about my iSUP (astro tour 14x30).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal