Author Topic: State Parks' Reasoning for the SUS restrictions at Sano and Doho  (Read 13277 times)

Board Stiff

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: State Parks' Reasoning for the SUS restrictions at Sano and Doho
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2014, 07:06:15 PM »
Creek raises a good point... A surfer with a paddle should be viewed like a hiker with a walking stick or cane. When a capable surfer on a short sup using a paddle to overcome a disability files an ADA suit against the state,  they're going to have a hard time defending their policy.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2014, 09:16:24 PM »
Ok, which old guy with bad shoulders is gonna crack this one open? We will all kick start a legal fund.

In the meantime, OC guys, go find another break, will ya? It's 2 spots, lotta coastline out there... And it all has more parking. ;)

If you have any shoulders left, buy an 11' longboard and go have a ball wherever you like. If you do it long enough you can get that beer belly, skinny legs look that goes with a Noserider.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2014, 12:22:22 PM »
Wow cowboy, I sure hope that the smiley face at the end of that one paragraph meant that you were really only joking about us SoCal folks just abandoning nice surfs spots, and go find or paddle to more distance ones.

Because all we're really looking for is parity with all of the other State beach users/SUPers....and I'm sure it would be a whole lot easier for us to simply get the State to strictly enforce the H&N codes State wide vs. us trying to change our local rules, where the State allowed two surf clubs to dictate who can use the beaches and who can't.

But thank you for your offer of monetary support, I'm sure that that will be much needed in the not too distant future if we're going to have any chance of going up against the two big clubs, and their "club run" beaches.

Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

supsurf-tw

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2014, 06:47:38 PM »
This more about principle
Boards:

8-10 x 31 Egg
8-11 X 32 Double wing Fangtail Tom Whitaker
8-6 X 30 1\2  Inbetweener Tom Whitaker
8-4 x 30 Hyper quad Tom Whitaker (wife's now)
8-4 X 31 1\4.  Round (wide) Diamond Tail Quad Tom Whitaker
 9-4 X 30 1\2. Swallow Stinger Quad Tom Whitaker (ex wifes now)
10-0 Brusurf for teach

jumpfrom13k

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2014, 07:06:34 AM »
Has anyone tried to surf the SUP board without paddle right in the middle of the longboarders?

Or SUP board doesn't get enough speed to plane out without the paddles?

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2014, 07:50:36 AM »
There are a bunch of really big guys that longboard on SUP's at San O. Deck pads and all. I paddled by a few guys sitting way outside on SUPs at the point, and said," Aren't you guys missing something?" They just smiled. They where sitting well outside most of the line up too.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal