Author Topic: CBS Sports to televise Ultimate SUP Showdown  (Read 5682 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
CBS Sports to televise Ultimate SUP Showdown
« on: September 16, 2014, 04:37:56 PM »
I just got this from Karen Baxter:

Aloha Family and Friends -

The Event Connor won in Waikiki in August is going to be televised. That's right. SUP IS GOING TO BE ON TV!!
Watch the Preview Attached!
It will be aired on CBS Sports Network this Sunday 9/21 at 9 am HST, 12 pm PST, 3 pm EST.
Please watch - or record. It's important for the growth of the sport to support this televised episode! Thank you so much.
And - if you would please forward this email to all your friends and family you think would enjoy watching this feature on TV.

Have a great day!

Mahalo nui loa -
Karen

The preview is actually an attachment. I guess I could upload it to Vimeo or something. I'll have to do that from home, I'm in my shop and the garage computer is pretty limited. More later.

Pretty cool preview. Ashley steals the show from little brother Connor, but then again, when doesn't she. Oops, that's Vanina Walsh. She and Ashley could be sisters.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:03:03 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

juandoe

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: CBS Sports to televise Ultimate SUP Showdown
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 05:32:07 PM »
The Showdown. Don't miss it on CBS Sports Network HD this Sunday, 9/21: 9am HST, Noon PST, 3pm EST.

SaMoSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 05:50:06 PM »
So who actually has this channel in their cable/sat lineup? I didn't even know there was a dedicated CBS Sports Network.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 05:53:00 PM »
Satellite
DirecTV (U.S.)    221 (HD/SD)
Dish Network (U.S.)    158 (HD/SD)
Bell TV (Canada)    413 (SD)
1432 (HD)
Cable
Verizon FiOS    94 (SD)
594 (HD)
Available on most other U.S. cable systems    Consult your local cable provider for channel availability
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 06:06:15 PM »
Cool! All set to record....Channel 175 on my Comcast.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

juandoe

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 06:46:37 PM »
http://www.cbssportsnetwork.com/channel-finder

I had to add a sports package upgrade to my Uverse account.  1st month is free so I just have to remember to cancel on Monday.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 06:59:16 PM »
It's amazing how many channels there are that no one ever actually watches on the tube. I guess the real play for a lot of them is Youtubeand being on cable and satellite adds credibility. It's a strange world and getting stranger.

I was talking to Nikki Gregg a few days ago and she mentioned doing shows for a couple of sports networks I'd never heard of. I mentioned that and she rolled her eyes and gave me a long explanation I won't repeat here. Bottom line is there's ways to make money in broadcast that have little to do with traditional models.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 08:46:40 PM »
Called Karen after she sent me that and told her, no the Chargers are playing the Bills on sunday AM.  But then she informed me that CBS sports was different from CBS.  So like a few other posters on this thread, when I checked, I didn't have it.  Maybe we'll go up and watch on her gigantic screen and drink her Newcastle on tap (Shirley's her best pal).  We're in the process of purging cable altogether and I'm not going to cave in for one show.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 09:47:06 PM »
Yeah, but still, the Chargers and the Bills, could be a great game if Rivers is on his.
It takes a quiver to do that.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 09:51:51 PM »
Yeah they beat the Hawks

SUP CPA

• Waikiki Status
  • Laguna Niguel, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 08:59:21 AM »
Cox Cable in So. Cal:  314 or 1314 HD. 

I actually watch that channel most every Sunday for the Motocross Grand Prix races and the short course off-road truck races.

Tecpartner

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 09:34:23 AM »
We tried something cool at the Chucktown Showdown.  My daughter is an intern at a company that developed an ap called "Stre.am".  It allows anyone with a smartphone camera to stream live video to a server, and any other smart phone to watch the stream.  Because of the way the course is laid out for the Chucktown Showdown, she could stream the start, stream mid race, including the leaders going out into the harbor, then the leaders coming back in from the harbor, then the finish. 

This was the first time they tried this application, but it could be a killer way to show race action to spectators, and live streams of races for sports that aren't big enough for cable, but for which there is a dedicated following.   A version of the software could be used to pull from the streams onto a big screen to make it a dynamic show.   

Maritimestandup

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 03:33:56 PM »

I wonder if anyone could post this event to Vimeo for those of  us that don't live in the U.S. ?

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 05:09:12 PM »
That was fun...what a finish!
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Tecpartner

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 05:40:35 PM »
It was good,  well done with good production values.  Great to see.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal