Author Topic: Look at how the time goes past  (Read 24181 times)

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Look at how the time goes past
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2014, 03:35:13 PM »
Meth has as much to do with LSD as Drano does to Seven Up.
Depending on what's clogging the drain of course.

Slatch's first rule of satisfaction: The key to a wonderful life is to fall madly in love with Abe Vigoda or Bea Arthur.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2014, 05:47:06 PM »
Thank you, I think I look pretty good for my age.  ;)
It takes a quiver to do that.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2014, 06:44:10 PM »
Don't forget coke to Coke.

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2014, 05:57:37 AM »
Good stuff here. Yes, that High Numbers deal is simply priceless. I always thought Charlie, Keith, and John were the best without question but am partial to Charlie.
Grace Slick rocks. I always remember her on Letterman years and years ago, back in the days when Leno would be a guest on Letterman and Dave was asking her about stuff and said something like "I hear you drank pretty good." Grace, without missing a beat said something like "no, I don't drink very good....."

Thank you, I think I look pretty good for my age.  ;)
  ;D

Yes, LSD and Meth aren't even in the same conversation but is it urban myth or does the hiway patrol carry two liter bottles of coke in their trunks to clean up after something splatters? 

How about this dude?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMhiDCZXU2k

Looking for the clip of Grace on Letterman I found this which made me think of Jim. She talks about him a bit here. A so so little clip but around 4:30 or so she mentions their trip to Amsterdam together.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui-e9cVdIH0
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 06:09:20 AM by lucabrasi »

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2014, 11:02:57 AM »
Grace is a raging, ferocious alcoholic. She burned down one of her houses in Marin, has a pretty notable history of scuffles with police, wrecked cars dui etc.

Her sobriety has been intermittent, but when she goes off the wagon, watch out, clear out a ten mile periphery!
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

SeaMe

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2014, 08:29:57 PM »

The implication was not that Ms. Slick does meth, but that drugs (or seven up for that matter)  done to excess will age you much faster than normal. Meth is just one of the more spectacularly toxic drugs out there, and I knew of the existence of that collage of mugshots over time.

“I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.” ― Anaïs Nin
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Fanatic Fly HRS 10'6"
Fanatic Ray HRS BVI 12'0" ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2014, 08:07:24 AM »
You said "considering the amount of acid" (LSD) and the title of the link is "meth before and after photos". 

In the novel I wrote there's a little vignette about experiencing the Doors playing at a little club in San Francisco. It was drawn from a date I had with a lady who was quite a bit older than me and seemed to know everything that was going on. Morrison and the Doors had a powerful effect on us, and probably everyone else in the room. I wound up hopping around a filthy parking lot in my undershorts trying to ease a ferocious leg cramp gained while trying to have sex in her VW Bug.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:23:12 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2014, 11:43:54 AM »
Now I just realized Jim Morrison and Van Morrison are two different people. 

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »

You'll also be shocked to learn that Janis Joplin and Scott Joplin are different people, and Glenn Fry is an Eagle while Hangtown fry is a delicious breakfast treat.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2014, 12:02:52 PM »

You'll also be shocked to learn that Janis Joplin and Scott Joplin are different people, and Glenn Fry is an Eagle while Hangtown fry is a delicious breakfast treat.
Dang.  Now I'm realizing why people in the 60s needed drugs.  It was too confusing.  I was around then, but young enough my focus was the Flintstones and the Jetsons. 

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2014, 12:50:46 PM »
I hadn't realized until now that Grace Slick and Grace Jones are two different people.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2014, 01:19:58 PM »
I hadn't realized until now that Grace Slick and Grace Jones are two different people.

:o :o :o
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 01:21:36 PM by pdxmike »

freetobeme

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2014, 01:52:02 PM »
You said "considering the amount of acid" (LSD) and the title of the link is "meth before and after photos". 

In the novel I wrote there's a little vignette about experiencing the Doors playing at a little club in San Francisco. It was drawn from a date I had with a lady who was quite a bit older than me and seemed to know everything that was going on. Morrison and the Doors had a powerful effect on us, and probably everyone else in the room. I wound up hopping around a filthy parking lot in my undershorts trying to ease a ferocious leg cramp gained while trying to have sex in her VW Bug.

Pono, this has the making of a classic story. I must read more. I have to admit to being partial to big Fords for more comfortable experiences  ;D

As a teen, in the 90's, Jim Morrison and the Doors were still my favorite musicians along with Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam. I read all his poetry, biographies, and of course owned their entire music collection. I just loved how raw, deep and unique they were!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 02:25:40 PM by freetobeme »
"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" - George Addair

CoreVac Cannibal BOMB 8'8

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2014, 02:42:48 PM »
I took LSD maybe about five times in my callow youth in Berkeley and Venice.  I am glad I did.  It makes you realize the fragility, relativity and lability of perception and for me it was, to use a cliche, mind expanding.

However, I would never want to do it again. Nor would I ever recommend anybody try it, because you just don't know how it will react with a particular individual's brain chemistry.

My last "trip" was with a lady medical student from Britain, who I dated when she was on a summer rotation at UCLA, who insisted on doing it to get the full California hippy dippy experience, and she had a bad trip.  I spent the whole time trying to keep her lid on straight while mine was tipped.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email