Author Topic: Hala Nass Inflatable  (Read 4591 times)

Underboard

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Hala Nass Inflatable
« on: September 01, 2014, 05:27:57 PM »
I've been reading all the threads on inflatables and dig the Uli and Red Paddle boards. They seem to be the hands-down most rigid but $$$. Anybody ride the Hala Nass? Also, I was at the Sup Salmon Classic and saw some people on the Naish One. It looked solid, but if you the comments here, they are made out to be noodles. I'm a pudgy-ass 5'9', 195. I'm a newb, but addicted.

Stealthyc

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hala Nass Inflatable
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 02:32:55 PM »
You get what you pay for...especially when it comes to inflatables.  You can get away with a less expensive epoxy board, and it will still be rigid and ride ok.  If you compromise on an inflatable you lose durability, rigidity, shape, etc. and you probably won't paddle much because paddling a banana is not fun.  Might as well just lash some pool noodles together and grab a paddle.  It's an investment...buy right the first time and it will last you.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone

hbsteve

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 03:09:41 PM »
or you could just send the money to me.  ;D

Green Water Sports

• Site Sponsor
  • Peahi Status
  • https://greenwatersports.com
    • View Profile
    • Green Water Sports - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 05:42:43 PM »
You get what you pay for...especially when it comes to inflatables.  You can get away with a less expensive epoxy board, and it will still be rigid and ride ok.  If you compromise on an inflatable you lose durability, rigidity, shape, etc. and you probably won't paddle much because paddling a banana is not fun.

^^ What he said.
Julian
https://greenwatersports.com
Green Water Sports LLC - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more. Call us on 1-888-252-4983
Red Paddle Co, Starboard, SIC Maui, Tahe, Naish, Fanatic, Accent Paddles, Onyx, FCS, Vamo

spookini

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 06:14:57 PM »
A good inflatable is a whole lotta fun, doesn't need to be babied, is made to last, and something you'll keep even as you grow your quiver and get the hardboard itch.

"The sweetness of a good deal is long forgotten after the ass-sting of buying crap sets in". Or something like that.
-- My doctor says I suffer from low kook --
Do sharks attack?  Hope not
Do flying fish hate us?  Hells yes

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 06:27:37 PM »
Maneuverability -----------------  3.5
Max PSI -------------------------   10
Speed ---------------------------   1.5
Fishing---------------------------   1
Surfing---------------------------   8.5
Glide-----------------------------    .5

It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 06:28:44 PM »
But kind of cute in a chunky way.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

jnroyal

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 07:26:24 AM »
I'm going to respectfully disagree with the sentiment that you have to spend $1,500 to get a decent inflatable.  I've been using a Tower Adventurer that I picked up in April at their preseason price of $500 and I love it.  I use it 2-3 times/week and certainly don't baby it.  I weigh 175 pounds and pump it to just 10 psi and don't feel like it is buckling under me at all.

I'm sure a high-end Red or Naish would be faster but I'm not racing so I don't feel a need to have the fastest board available.

Green Water Sports

• Site Sponsor
  • Peahi Status
  • https://greenwatersports.com
    • View Profile
    • Green Water Sports - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 08:52:23 AM »
Hi jnroyal, While it's true 10PSI might be enough, it depends on how you use the board and what the conditions are. All boards can be fun, some will perform and last better than others.
Julian
https://greenwatersports.com
Green Water Sports LLC - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more. Call us on 1-888-252-4983
Red Paddle Co, Starboard, SIC Maui, Tahe, Naish, Fanatic, Accent Paddles, Onyx, FCS, Vamo

Alkasazi

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 08:58:45 AM »
I raced at the SUP Salmon classic on a Red 14 Elite. Didn't do well, but not sure I'd have been much faster on a hard board. Either way, I still had a lot of fun. Saw the One being paddled around, looked like it maybe needed more air in it? Unless people are using a gauge for inflation, they'll usually stop long before it's actually done.

I spent some time on the Nass this spring & really enjoyed it. Not the fastest 12'6 I've paddled, but a great all-around touring board. Very stable, and the first 12'6 I was able to walk to the tail & spin on. Lot of river influence in the board as well - bow/stern grab handles, metal d-rings for gear tie-down, and a 2+1 fin setup.

Brian
SUP monkey @ Outdoorplay

current boards:
KPO Design Yampa 10
Imagine Connector
Red Elite 14

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal