Author Topic: Harassment and Blocking Access to Public Beach to Paddle Boarders  (Read 8915 times)

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Harassment and Blocking Access to Public Beach to Paddle Boarders
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 08:33:21 PM »
"La mierda acaba de golpear el ventilador."

The shit just hit the fan.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 09:13:41 PM »
Do they allow dogs there?  It's an important question, if they allow dogs there (I'm sure poop bags are required), but not you guys (who don't poop on the beach), then you have a discrimination claim there.  We'd like to think that we are better than dogs.
Just sayin'.
Plus you guys are less likely to roll over. 

All the advice people have given sounds good to me.  I'd just add, be nice, be the reasonable ones, but get leverage.  Their view now is probably that they have nothing to lose--in the best case, they make you go away; in the worst case, you're still paddling there.  Change it to in the worst case, you'll be able to convince the City that since the residents are continually taking up the on-street parking, the City needs to stripe off the whole cul-de-sac for "park users only", and and sign the rest of the nearby parking 3-hr. limit so residents can't monopolize it.   I'm sure you'll have your own, other evil ideas.

Publicity is good when you're going against anyone who can be perceived as selfish and rich.  If you're on the news, don't just show how you can't park.  Find a mom with three kids who wants to use the park, but can't park because the residents have taken up all the parking...then the news crew can film her driving around a neighborhood full of empty driveways when all she wants to do is take her kids for a picnic and a swim....you can also point out the particular residents who are doing this, so they can be interviewed on TV.

It seems like years ago someone posted a website in California that shows public beach accesses, along with all the fake and illegal signs, blockades, etc. that homeowners have put up to hide the accesses or block people from using them.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 10:10:38 PM »
I feel kind of sorry that I'm not around for this. I know it's a bad reflection on me, but it seems like my kind of fun. As much of an elitist snob as I am, it pisses me off to see people take advantage of their position to step on other people's rights.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 11:03:40 PM »
What is it with California and standup?  You show up in the surf, and everyone there tells you you're not welcome.  Then you go up on land, and everyone tells you you're not welcome there, either.

There's got to be a solution so you feel welcome somewhere.  I mean one not involving your trying to move up here. 

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 06:26:56 AM »
Thanks
We are working on a few angles.
I will fill you in when we know something.
Ralph
Sup-position
(714) 899-3020 call, Text or Message

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal