Author Topic: Thoughts on the 2014 Naish Hokua 7'8" LE  (Read 1965 times)

CowichanSUPer

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Thoughts on the 2014 Naish Hokua 7'8" LE
« on: August 27, 2014, 03:51:07 PM »
Looking at grabbing one of these.  But I have really not seen much on the 2014.  From what I have seen from the past couple of years people of liked them. 

It is either this or the Starboard 7'7" Pro carbon. Basically the same boards I realize.

Just looking for any gotcha that people might know about the Hokua construction.

Sup44

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thoughts on the 2014 Naish Hokua 7'8" LE
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 04:11:51 PM »
There actually very different boards. First of all it depends on which construction you go with for the starboard. I personally am very impressed with the carbon as it is light, responsive and quick.

The Naish is both thicker and wider. Interestingly enough, they do have the same volume. Based on my experience with a naish and starboard, the tail is going to be bigger on the Naish giving you more hold but less manuverable. The starboard will be very manuverable but less hold (this also depends on the construction) Also the noses on the Naish more closely resemble a short board while starboards are a bit beefier.

All depends on what you want to do with it! I keep my naish for bigger waves with steeper drops as there's plenty of hold and rocker line. So far I've enjoyed my starboard more in 3-6 foot waves
8'2 Mad Dog Naish
8'0 Starboard Pro
7'10 Hokua Naish

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal