Author Topic: Yours is bigger... but I'm happy with ours  (Read 4874 times)

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Yours is bigger... but I'm happy with ours
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 06:35:41 AM »
Fingers and toes crossed as its still looking perfect for tomorrow. Stoney your right I always forget that when it gets bigger at 1st it spreads out the crowd.
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 06:44:26 AM »
Not just spreads it out....some folks just won't make it out. I've fought for 45 mins to get out there before. This should be better though with 14 secs between waves. When its short period its just f'ing relentless.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

freetobeme

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 06:49:10 AM »
Ha ha. Last September I had that experience on a similar day. Took me probably 20 minutes to get out on my AllWave and felt like a beast when I finally did. Far left, it was me and two proners that was it. Caught a few bombs but spent the better part of 3 hours getting hammered. So much fun!

Not sure I've surfed this week at 1st before. Are the guards going to attempt to herd us all into the surfing zone after 9am?? Hoping not!!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:50:50 AM by freetobeme »
"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" - George Addair

CoreVac Cannibal BOMB 8'8

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 09:10:37 AM »
Free this is the last weekend for them so I would say they might try like hell to heard the 100 plus people into the "surf" zone, my hope is that they close the beach to swimming if it's as big as they are projecting due to rip tides and the idiots that will try to body surf or boogie board. So far this summer it's been at least until 10am until they start blowing whistles, I had words with a guard a few weeks ago when they had a lifeguard competition and decided to use the "surfing" area for their event and they gave a sliver of a spot to surf (there was also around 50 proners and 15 sups out that morning trying to squeeze a ride in that little spot). Also if the waves are at least 5' for bigger we can catch them further out and basically start off in the "surf" zone and just enjoy the long ride across the whole beach. By Monday no lifeguards and open beach all day/night.
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

freetobeme

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 09:24:08 AM »
Thanks PDL - good to know. Im sure I will be SUSpect but I will claim drain bramage  ;)
"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" - George Addair

CoreVac Cannibal BOMB 8'8

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 01:55:46 PM »
I'm going for a double tomorrow...that's the plan anyway. Dawn at 1st and late afternoon further south.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

supthecreek

Re:Mine's getting bigger ;-)
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2014, 02:03:25 PM »
and I'm all excited!

I skipped dawn patrol today, iced my knee, rested it, bought a knee brace, two bottles of Motrin, a bunch of Road Trip munchies... all gassed up and ready to launch... now, if my leg will handle the drops tomorrow, it's game on  ;D

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2014, 02:41:46 PM »
Stoney I may join you as I am thinking maybe a trip down to visit Kayadogg in his old backyard spotz.
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

addapost

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2014, 02:46:19 PM »
Tomorrow is the third day back to school for me but I took a personal day. No way am I missing this! I'll be out from dawn to dusk.
Bunch of old shit

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal