Author Topic: Training....  (Read 6739 times)

Off-Shore

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • HksupaHK SUP and Downwinding
Re: Training....
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 06:34:54 AM »
On iPhone I now use Endomondo. Much much lighter on battery than Motion X. Nice clean user interface, keeps track of cumulative (per sport)  in your account in the cloud and a few other niceties like speed charts etc..

More importantly, if going out to sea (or mountains) alone, you can add a friend to your account (and alert them when you go out) and they can track your progress live online and see where you end up (or get stuck).

Will try out Endomondo. The other thing with Motion X is it can screw things up. This was a 2km paddle with my son but looks like we did 68km!
SB 9' x 33' x 4.1" - RPC 9'8" iSUP - SB All-Star 12'6" - Blue Planet Bump Rider 14 - SB Ace 14 x 27 - RedAir 14' Elite Race - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - SICMaui F16v3 Custom

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HksupaHk_SUP_and_Downwinding

paolosup

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 10:06:43 PM »
I also use Garmin 910XT....great watch and with heart rate everything I need.
Last 2 paddle trainings I actually started doing intervals. I am on water for just over an hour but try to do 10 sets of 2 minutes at max speed/effort. At the moment that is not a lot but am hoping this will improve by next summer.
This type of training worked well for me when I did triathlons...improved speed greatly!
14ft Naish Javelin GX X28; Naish One

Bulky

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 10:18:24 AM »
Time to step up, Bulky. The BOP is in a couple of weeks. You'll do fine.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Pono.  That's a crazy weekend for us but your encouragement had me in the "go for it camp" and I was putting together plans to get out of some commitments that weekend to at least make the Sunday race.  Until last night when a "must-do" charity event called (the hospital that fixed my son's heart).  I guess my BOP debut will have to be in 2015.  By then, I'll weigh 62lbs!

I'm almost at the end of the season of life where I'm chasing my kids around on soccer fields most weekends.  Have a blast!
Santa Barbara, CA

SIC RS 14x24.5
Infinity Blackfish 14'
Naish Glide 14' (2012)
SupSports Hammer 8'11
Starboard WidePoint 10'5
Ke Nalu Mana, Konihi, Maliko

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal