Author Topic: Sup rentals in St Augustine FL?  (Read 3888 times)

suprbowl

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Sup rentals in St Augustine FL?
« on: August 24, 2014, 10:02:36 PM »
Going with the fam for a week in Sept. Looking to rent a board, but it seems the shops I googled have outdated links etc. Can anyone recommend a shop in the area? Thanks much

Twitchy

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sup rentals in St Augustine FL?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 06:30:47 AM »
Try Ocean Extremes or Surf Station.

I know Surf Station rents them.  Not too sure about Ocean Extremes, they are the only true SUP shop we have in town and are usually demoing boards. 

Both are on Anastasia Island.  I'm assuming you're staying out there?
14' Niash Javelin MC
9'6" JL B&B
9'2" NSP Cocomat-beater board
7'4" Starboard Pro

SupGa

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 05:55:16 AM »
Ocean extreme rents JP Australia Soft Decks. We rented a couple back in June. 9'9' for my wife and I had the 10'9". We went down to Matanzas Inlet and played around. Also in Anastasia St Park there is a concession stand on the salt run that rents NSP boards as well as kayaks, windsurfers and hobie cats.

Actually the JP soft decks were pretty nice. Both locations are flat water and fairly shallow, great for beginners, I think every time we've been out at either of the locations we've seen dolphin and other wildlife.

Have fun 

Twitchy

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 09:22:29 AM »
Ocean extreme rents JP Australia Soft Decks. We rented a couple back in June. 9'9' for my wife and I had the 10'9". We went down to Matanzas Inlet and played around. Also in Anastasia St Park there is a concession stand on the salt run that rents NSP boards as well as kayaks, windsurfers and hobie cats.

Actually the JP soft decks were pretty nice. Both locations are flat water and fairly shallow, great for beginners, I think every time we've been out at either of the locations we've seen dolphin and other wildlife.

Have fun

I forgot about Salt Run.  I do a bit of flat water paddling back there if the tide is up.  It's oyster bed city and quick sand like mud when the tide is low though.  If you rent at Salt Run, you can paddle from the light house, around the point, and cruise along the Fort and downtown.

Any beach on Anastasia Island is pretty mellow if we don't have a swell. 
14' Niash Javelin MC
9'6" JL B&B
9'2" NSP Cocomat-beater board
7'4" Starboard Pro

suprbowl

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 01:06:42 PM »
Thanks for the info. The place where we are staying is just up from Crescent Beach. The owner says one of the beaches in walking distance from the house is a big kite boarder spot.

SupGa

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 01:54:34 PM »
Matanzas inlet is jus a couple of miles south of crescent beach, just before you cross over the inlet. Parking on the inlet side will be on your right, Also has a fairly nice beach area just no facilities. Ocean Extreme is probably 4- 5 miles north of crescent beach. Coming up from Crescent the road will widen in to a 4 lane with a center divider. Just after the light at the Oasis restaurant. (Bright Blue and Yellow building bar/restaurant), Ocean Extreme will be on your right It's a small white one story building usually has paddle boards or kites out front.

Number of good places for Seafood in the area. Creekside, Cap's on the water (north of Vilano beach), One of our favorites is the Purple Olive, Also good for fried shrimp is Saltwater Cowboys, but may be a little touristy at times.

We've been visiting probably at least once a year for the past 25 years. Originally came down for windsurfing at the Salt Run, It's and is where wife learned to waterstart and I perfected my jibe.

Have Fun 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal