Author Topic: Think I'm in love.. again.  (Read 5684 times)

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Think I'm in love.. again.
« on: August 22, 2014, 10:41:07 AM »

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Think I'm in love.. again.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 12:41:31 PM »
OoooooooooooooOoooooooo

Wood_Ogre

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 01:41:21 PM »
Hey, They copied the Kaholo and when they put it together they put the nose on upside down so now you have a board with a Beak  !!

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 03:00:21 PM »
Very happy for you, DJ. 

I feel the same way about my 26" Javelin in flatwater.  When it gets rougher, "The Look of Love" gets replaced with "Lucretia MacEvil".  How is it compared to your old 26" Javelin? Seems like it may keep the good qualities of the old, but with more stability.

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 03:54:18 PM »
Very happy for you, DJ. 

I feel the same way about my 26" Javelin in flatwater.  When it gets rougher, "The Look of Love" gets replaced with "Lucretia MacEvil".  How is it compared to your old 26" Javelin? Seems like it may keep the good qualities of the old, but with more stability.

It's very, very different to the old Jav.. It's even extremely different to the current 2014 Jav.. It's very fast.. It's very stable.. and very, very cool..  :) .. There's no boof.. There's no sprinklering.. It's amazing.. I've taken some still pictures of it alongside my 2014 LEX26 and it shows just how different they are.. When I post them I'll try and explain how this new board paddles and what all the very different design features are and how they take this radical new board to a whole new level.. It really is amazing.. Hope we get some good DW conditions soon.

Muskoka SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 05:41:20 PM »
That's a 28", correct?   Maybe you'll decide to sell your 26" LE and get a 2015 26"!
I'm guessing the new GX versions are tougher than the LE, and not much heavier.
(And cheaper! ;))

Very nice DJ, congrats, and thanks for sharing.
It ain't over until the fat board sinks....

paolosup

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 09:30:46 PM »
very nice DJ.

I got mine today! Will try it hopefully tomorrow.
It is a beautiful board indeed.
14ft Naish Javelin GX X28; Naish One

desfluranesup

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 09:42:23 PM »
very nice DJ.

I got mine today! Will try it hopefully tomorrow.
It is a beautiful board indeed.

Well done, glad you're a happy bunny  :D
Naish 9'5" Mana
Naish Javelin 14" GX 28"
Naish Nalu 11'
Ke Nalu Maliko
Ke Nalu Konihi 95

viatormundi

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 10:19:19 AM »
David,
please tell us more about the changes compared to last year´s model. I saw this board in Lost Mills race, Casper was using it but did not have a chance to test.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 12:59:08 PM »
Yikes, the first 3 minutes were starting to get a bit kinky, and was about to turn it off, but then you picked it up and threw into the water to cool off, thanks.  It looks better in the water with you on it instead of,,,,,,,,,, well, you know.
It sleeps in the garage, right?
Sweet looking board.  ;)
It takes a quiver to do that.

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 03:22:41 PM »
Yikes, the first 3 minutes were starting to get a bit kinky, and was about to turn it off, but then you picked it up and threw into the water to cool off, thanks.  It looks better in the water with you on it instead of,,,,,,,,,, well, you know.
It sleeps in the garage, right?
Sweet looking board.  ;)

Ha.. Any on who knows me well would be laughing and knowing that I'm just mucking around with these vids..  ;D

Btw.. Yeah.. It sleeps in the garage.. It was pretty cold out there last night.. It's not often that I sleep out there to..  ;D ;D

cnski

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 04:54:02 PM »
Thanks for the vid David!! You love SUP. No doubt about that. I spent the entire day at the Outdoor Retailer Demo day with my KeNalu Konihi in hand going from tent to tent trying out as many boards as I possibly could. The new Starboards, Brian Szymansky's new Lahui Kai boards, SIC's, BIC, Bark. All of them. The 14x28 LE really blew me away. It was the fastest, most stable board I tried all day. I came back later to have a second go just to make sure. Others I talked to were also super impressed. I don't know what it is. Can't explain it but that board is epic. And I'm not a huge Naish fan.

paolosup

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 09:02:49 PM »
DJ....do you use the stock fin? or another one?

Today on the water with this baby for the first time.... Love it. I am new to SUP and dont have much to compare to except my Naish One.
It felt fast, stable, and went nicely through the small waves.

I had trouble putting the fin on the board. Maybe I was doing it wrong but I could not slide it all the way inwards as I wanted it for flat water...

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 09:21:45 PM »
DJ....do you use the stock fin? or another one?

Today on the water with this baby for the first time.... Love it. I am new to SUP and dont have much to compare to except my Naish One.
It felt fast, stable, and went nicely through the small waves.

I had trouble putting the fin on the board. Maybe I was doing it wrong but I could not slide it all the way inwards as I wanted it for flat water...

I'm still a HUGE fan of the plane old dolphin fin shape.. btw.. The stock fin is great and there's no real need to change it..   

One thing that I do like about the swept back dolphin fin over the stock fin is the dolphin fin can be dragged across the sand in shallow water better than most other fins that tend to catch.. or dig in and grab causing the board to suddenly stop sending you over the nose..   

It was pretty shallow in some places where I paddled that day and the swept back dolphin fin works well there.

My fin was pretty tight to.. but It's best to be a bit thight than a bit loose.

Are you pivoting [or tipping] the fin back first before you try to move it?

paolosup

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 09:46:04 PM »

[/quote]
Are you pivoting [or tipping] the fin back first before you try to move it?
[/quote]

lost you there DJ.

I placed the fin in and tried to move it towards the front of the board but that didnt't go as far as I wanted.

I had to reattach the small square plate. Place it first and then the fin went in. Is that the right way? Will see if there is a youtube video of how to do this?

Will other fins, like from FCS fit this board?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal