Author Topic: SUP Sunglasses  (Read 15496 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: SUP Sunglasses
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2014, 08:16:27 AM »
Board--I have one word for you: Sugru The geek equivalent of duct tape: http://sugru.com

Cove--I bought the Serengeti's when I had no bucks. In the no buck era dollars they cost "One MILLION dollars" (pinky applied to lips and manic snicker). I know where they are.

Axe--Diane thinks I'm cute, so PHHTTHHHPPPT!
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

UKRiverSurfers

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2014, 02:08:40 AM »
Julbo sunglasses are also worth a look. The very first pair of outdoor glasses, date from the 1800's

The only sunglasses i know if with optics as clear as Oakley.
SIC Bullet 17v2 Custom
Richmond Custom Carbon 16'
Starboard Point 14'8
Starboard K15
Starboard Astro Touring 14
Starboad Big Easy
Redpaddle Ride 10'6
Badfish Rivershred
Jackson SUPercharger
Badfish MVP 9'o
Badfish IRS 7'2
Pack OC1 12'

Caribsurf

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2014, 05:54:20 AM »
Love both Maui Jim's and Costa del Mar for my everyday sunglasses out of the water.  Both brands are polarized and best lenses in the business.   I find Maui Jim a little heavy on my face to wear on the water, not to mention pensive should you lose them.

I use the Native Hardtop XP on my flat water distance paddles
They cost about $129.00 light as a feather, you barely know you are wearing them, good lens and frame..  The lenses are interchangeable and they come with an extra set of lenses in a different color.  I can't recommend these enough.
Hobie Raw 8'10"
Jimmy Lewis Kwad 8'7"
Naish Hover 95 liter 5'7"
F-One Rocket foil board 5'5" 90 liters
Fanatic Aero 1250, 1500, 1750 HA foils
CabrinhaMantis 3.5, 4m 5m. F-One Strike 7m CWC
Hobie 14' race board

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2014, 07:17:12 AM »
Costco has older less stylish Maui Jim Jam specs cheap!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2015, 09:46:25 AM »
 Ok well yesterday went out at about 4 pm the waves were good but the sun brutal.   Some how my  zinc  sunbum  sunscreen  washed into my eyes and between that  and  the  sunlight my eyes were on fire . They still hurt today   but yesterday was un bearable.  I washed them out with cold water and  eye drops. 
 so today i am ordering a pair of  sunglasses for the surf.    I don't wear prescription glasses  when surfing but if I wear sun glasses  I need  the prescription ones  because  with dar lenses everything gets blurry. Looked at seaspec, silver fish,  jublo(EXPENSIVE)   and some others  Could tell which okay can handle a prescription in the water  and which don't/  SO I am wondering  if  you guys have found any other  prescription sun glasses that don't fog?  and what color sense is better for the ocean  try or brown?  I know there is a sunscreen  thread here  that I going to next,  bu in case you feeling gracious   what unblock absolutely does not run  sweet  no sweat wet or dry.    today my eye balls are tired!!!!!
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

hbsteve

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2015, 11:24:57 AM »
Watermans make a zinc based one that stays on.

white water

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2015, 04:28:09 PM »
I use an old pair of scratched up Oakleys that I rigged floats on. I also put Rain X on the lenses to make the water bead off. It works great!
11' Yolo Coastal Cruiser (1st board ever)
9'3" Stu Sharpe Honeybadger
8’11” Sunova SP25

supdiscobay

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2015, 05:45:36 PM »
Reflect makes nice sunglasses that float.  I have a pair I use for flat water paddling and racing.  I don't like wearing glasses to surf.
8'5" Starboard Pocket Rocket, 8'0" Kazuma Fugu custom,  8'10" Kings Sidewinder, 10' Starboard Noserider, 14' BARK Carbon Dominator, SIC F16 V3, KeNalu and Quickblade paddles, 19' Eaton Prone, 67" Goode 9700

Larry Allison

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/larry.w.allison
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2015, 02:04:09 PM »
Bomber Sunglasses are a good low costs choice and they float if you fall in.
Allison Race Fins

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2015, 07:25:25 PM »
No doubt Seaspecs PERFECT in both flatwater and Surf
We offer ZONER disc. on these too
JimK
www.extremewindsurfing.com

Poked around on your site for a few minutes and couldn't find sunglasses.  Could you post a link to the SeaSpecs?
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2015, 09:00:13 PM »
Glue an extra layer of neoprene on a croakers strap and they will float most plastic frames. This is in caw you don't have a wife as handy as Headmount's.

I get bad vertigo from polarized too. Be sure you find out before you drop major coin. Also, how do you guys look at your phones with polarized shades on?

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2015, 08:57:55 AM »
Also, how do you guys look at your phones with polarized shades on?

You ain't kidding.  Or gas pump displays or ATM screens.   What is that about polarized lenses?
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

corrego

• Malibu Status
  • Ni pena ni miedo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2015, 01:32:40 PM »
I lost so many good sun glasses that now i go for good cheap ones for doing sports.
The best i have found are the 3M work sunglasses, cheap and very good. I highly recomend any of them
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3M-PPE-Safety-Solutions/Personal-Protective-Equipment/Products/Product-Catalog/?N=7574543+3294529207+8690968&rt=r3

hbsteve

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2015, 03:48:38 PM »
What is it with polarized lenses that causes problem for those of you with vertigo?
Even tho I don't have vertigo, I'm wondering if the same effect is causing any balance problems for me.  Maybe it is just a good excuse.

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »
Also, how do you guys look at your phones with polarized shades on?

You ain't kidding.  Or gas pump displays or ATM screens.   What is that about polarized lenses?

Same problem with a lot of displays in my car. I had to request non-polarized when I ordered my prescription sun glasses. I'm happy I did.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal